Would you buy Subaru again? why/why not? - Page 6
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

This is a discussion on Would you buy Subaru again? why/why not? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by chimchim This thread is really making me hesitate to buy the 2006 WRX wagon next month (my ...

Quote Originally Posted by chimchim
    This thread is really making me hesitate to buy the 2006 WRX wagon next month (my first subaru)
    Like I said, nothing is going to stop you, it's one of those mistakes/semi-good things that you have to do just once. You'll be fine, don't worry.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike05STi
    I'd love to have a tree house for adults in my backyard.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalNuke
    Like I said, nothing is going to stop you, it's one of those mistakes/semi-good things that you have to do just once. You'll be fine, don't worry.
    Just don't do it twice in two years.

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    bought 4 already so i'll keep buyin them
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

went from 03 wrx to 05 sti. Brother has a 05 wrx and my 03 had lots of rattles and my brothers 05 doesnt. My sti does have rattles but so does my friends EVO so i deal with it. Plus like heather said, i like music so i just turn it up most of the time. If you guys think going from Subaru to Mitsubishi is some sort of safehaven from bad service your wrong, Mitsubishi customers have the same problems as subaru customers. I think this pretty much applies to all cars that are considered to be driven by "enthusiasts".

Would I buy another Subaru? YES, will it be my next buy? probably not. I'm growing up and i think this sti is last car I "mod"(i havent done much and i dont plan to do much more). I'll get myself something more refined i guess, wouldnt mind the IS350. According to my dad, my next car better be a 911 turbo or he'll look down on me with shame (his joking), but that wouldnt be so bad would it? Anyway, i'm happy with my subaru, in fact i had a lot of fun with my 03 bugeye and i still miss that thing! sometimes i wanna sell my sti, lease a civic and buy a 03 bugeye and mess around with it.

Also subarus are overhyped!!! anyone who ever asks me about my car gets an earful about how much fun it is, how fast it is, how nice it handles blah blah blah. 99 percent of subaru owners from the past were all like this and have been yelling and screaming about how much they enjoy their cars which made a lot of people listen apparently. Now people buy it and dont get what people have been yelling and screaming because people of course exxagerate when it comes to something they love. People who buy it now hear how great it is and just expect way too much for a little 25k car. Think about it this way, when they compare evo's and sti's they compare them to supercars and cars worth twice as much or even four times as much. You get about the same performance in a 33k car of course its going to have its faults with paint and rattles blah blah. But if you dont want all that and want the same performance, go buy a porsche. Work your 80 hour work week so you can afford that porsche, dont worry about rattles or bad paint. Your happy now right?
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Hmm, I would buy another one, but I'm not going to. I still love cars, but I'd rather use my money on something else. I might just keep my car to track when I want, but I'll probably just buy something else.
    Great spirits will always encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds.
    Gas, grass, or ass. Nobody rides for free.

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx
    If you guys think going from Subaru to Mitsubishi is some sort of safehaven from bad service your wrong, Mitsubishi customers have the same problems as subaru customers. I think this pretty much applies to all cars that are considered to be driven by "enthusiasts".

I'll get myself something more refined i guess, wouldnt mind the IS350.

Also subarus are overhyped!!!
    The overhype caught me. When I was deciding between an STi and an EVO, I knew Mitsubishi didn't honor warranties. It was old news. This Subaru thing seems to be a new development, unless the Subaru community chose to ignore the bad, and live in denial. It's like Subaru designed performance cars, then panicked when they were flooded with warranty issues from abuse. So like a bad teacher, they punish everyone for some people abusing the system.

I've had an excellent history with Nissan dealerships and the company as a whole. My friends have had excellent dealings with Honda. I think my next car will be a G35X or whatever Acura has AWD, though I won't drive an AT unless it has sport shift. The Mazdaspeed 6 wouldn't be bad either. I'm even considering what used to be the unthinkable, BMW 330ix, Volvo S60, Audi. I've realized I'd rather have a car that I know will have electrical problems, but the dealer will fix them, rather than an uncertain car where the dealer will refuse to fix anything.

Well, I was going to read the whole thread, but nevermind that....I prob will not buy another Suby. It has nothing to do with the crappy paint or any problems with the car, I love my car. Ive had it for about 1.25 years now, its an 02. I bought it used with 21k miles and have put over 30k on it since then with no real problems [minus the tree that almost cut it in half during the last hurricane]. I get 23-25 MPG on average. My main reason for not getting another Suby is that Im 24 and Im moving up in my life, and I think right now my next car will be a Lexus [an IS350 or a GS300 depending on my promotions in the next year]. I think its the luxury factor more than anything. The ride all the way down to the feel of the interior.

To each his own I guess
    Chris

I would not buy another Legacy because mine overheats
    <--- Robert

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

I agree with Subaru's being overhyped, especially WRX's. that doesn't mean they're not fun to drive, it just depends when you bought yours.

i bought mine Feb. of 2003. there was no SRT-4, Cobalt SS, EVO, or STi offered at all. the WRX was the only car under $30K that would hit the 1/4 mile in the low 14's (that wasn't an American car).

imagine all the hype back then. I forgave practically all its quirks. rattles everywhere, balky transmission with a reputation of failing, cheap interior, cheap paint, etc. Although I have nothing but the fondest memories with my bugeye, the next time i pay $25K for a car, I would not like any of these attributes.

this is why i'm considering holding out until the next Supra. probably lacks a bit of soul compared to the competition, but you can't argue with Toyota DNA when you want to enjoy your car.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

I wouldn't say the overhype for me was caused by other owners. I took the comparisons of the EVO and STi with a grain of salt when people claimed the build quality of the Subaru was better. I knew they were just looking at the dashboard, seats, and upholstery. My misconception came from the decades of previous experiences with Subarus. The older, underpowered wagons were designed and built to seemingly last forever. The things I've seen those cars go through were incredible.

I was under the assumption that the high performance Subarus of today would be just as overengineered as those old clunkers. Instead they seem to use the same engineered parts with twice or three times the power. Somebody redirected the focus of Subaru to concentrate on attracting more enthusiast owners. Sadly, they seem to have lost sight of the reliability that made their name in the first place. It took decades to create that image. It's not going to take nearly that long for them to destroy it.

Yes I would buy. Not because of hype, because I drove one and wanted it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuchs
    Yes I would buy. Not because of hype, because I drove one and wanted it.
    I've been pondering buying an 04 STi for shanzt and giggles....
    <--- Robert

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Considering this is my 3rd Subie...I have and will again! (Wifey likes the Tribeca...perhaps sooner than I think.)

82 GL Wagon
    97 Impreza Outback Sport
    04 Impreza WRX Wagon

My friends tell me that the stock WRX tires were pretty nice. I thought it was the STI tires that were just too hard so they have less grip but last longer?

I think my passion of the car comes from hype I guess because I have never driven in one personaly(my friend my take me to the auto cross with him in his modded rs ) but many of the problems people mention are very situational. transmission won't break if you don't try to break it. (for the most part) I have 4 friends that have a wrx/sti and one with a rs and none of them complained about paint...only one of them ruined his tranny because he had 4 people in his car and dumped the clutch on it in a rs. (not smart ) the 4 that have the wrx/sti have had no problems with service or in the process of buying the car.

This may all not be from my personal experience but if 5 people didn't have problems with their subaru, then subaru has got to be doing something right...right?

Only thing is that the tranny for a 99 (i think) rs was 1600ish and that is pretty expensive compared to most other cars.

Quote Originally Posted by viperuws
    This may all not be from my personal experience but if 5 people didn't have problems with their subaru, then subaru has got to be doing something right...right?
    I would hope that Subaru tries to do better than 5 cars out of the however many hundreds of thousands of vehicles they've made. I guess my luck is just much worse, considering I've got not one, but two crappers, I've had poor experiences at multiple dealerships with denied warranty coverage, and trying to get service from SOA is about as productive as trying to get all my money back from the IRS.