Would you buy Subaru again? why/why not? - Page 4
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Would you buy Subaru again? why/why not? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; for now i plan to keep mine and keep racing it... i just blew my vf22 and put my stock ...

for now i plan to keep mine and keep racing it... i just blew my vf22 and put my stock one on so it made me think, "hey why stop at putting the stock turbo back, why not just swap most of the car back to stock as well?" well, i didn't have a stock clutch disc on hand to do the transmission... which is a PITA anyways. i'm just guessing that no one will want to take a car with a 3 puck clutch for a trade in... not even "racers" like this clutch, lol.

more than likely I'll get an EVO X with the paddle shifter cuz then it'd make a decent daily driver as well. considering I wont be able to swing $100,000 or so for a Porsche Turbo or a Lamborghini or Ferrari, it'll be an EVO. hell, i dunno if i can even afford an EVO... i think i'd say screw a new Subaru and just drive mine until i can afford an EVO.
    Yes, that is me in my avatar! Kid's don't try this at home.
    CLICKY to view My Extensive Mod List!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

yes, I would buy another Subaru... I have bought 2 in as many years.

bought a loaded 04 rex.. (premium package w/moonroof and heated seats even) I absolutly loved it.. yes it rattled, yes the paint chipped, but the actual driving of the car totally rocked... I drove it hard and never had a problem with it. I spent many a day on back roads learning how to use it in the dirt...

two years later, I wanted more... I picked up an 06 STI and OMFG I couldnt be happier... it is everything I imagined it... handles sweet, lots o power... I look forward to getting behind the wheel EVERY time.

does the paint chip? yup, found a few already... does it rattle? yeah, a little.. do i care? no... beacause I really enjoy driving it..

Before the scoobys, I was driving stangs... I cant even think about going back to RWD... not after feeling what these cars can do. Of course I could get an EVO but honestly, with all the drawbacks of the scoobs, I really like em... enough to keep me brand loyal for quite a while.

BTW... I have tried to get another scooby... but the wife wont give up her 04 escape for a Tribeca.... (maybe a little more work and I can get her to crack..)

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR
    I take it you like the interior. Is it better put together than the Impreza? How is the handling, does the body roll or is it pretty solid? Well damped? How is the rear seat room?
    coming from a subaru and passat, the interior is bentley-like. The back seat is enormous. My wife can sit in back and cross her legs with me driving (5'10"). Handling is OK, though there's a lot less feedback from the road than I'm used to, so I haven't really pushed it. Torque steer can be a problem, as with all 250HP+ FWD cars in my opinion. A little odd when you come to a stop and the car shuts itself off. It also continually switches from 6 cyl to 3 cyl if you're not accelerating, so that's a bit odd as well until you get used to it.
    Dead is Hard. Life is Much Easier. Be Adequite.
    -Lindsay Lohan

NO. NEVER.

I made the mistake of buying two in two years. Since SOA and dealerships will deny warranty on both regardless of anything logical, my risk is calculated to be around $3000-$5000 per car for the 3 to 5 years the warranty would supposedly cover failures. This isn't exaggerated, considering I'll soon be paying $500 to replace a small rubber fuel line (or more likely spending two days fixing it myself) that leaks gas onto the engine block.

Adding the $3000 - $5000 for additional risk by buying a Subaru prices it out of any competition. I'll stick with Nissan or Honda. Or anything else that is AWD from a decent company. This is my first and last experience with such a horrid company. Too bad their excellent product is so tainted by poor management of existing customers.

Reading through this thread, and things like having a water pump replaced under warranty due to an accident only makes the ****ty treatment I've gotten from Subaru worse.
    Last edited by VVVV; 02-27-2006 at 12:36 AM.

Peachypumpkincheeks

1. Rattles? What rattles? Don't you listen to music in the car?! I don't hear any rattles from my '02 (nor do I try to).

2. I'm painting my car pink. Paint issue solved.

3. Buy used. No warranty or limited warranty means you can choose an outstanding car shop to do your repair work (if any) or install mods, etc.

4. Get really good insurance (and gap insurance) and find an agent who will cover mods/upgrades to your vehicle.

5. I love the racer feel of the interior. Most people upgrade it with CF detailing, new shifters, gauge pods, audio systems, nav systems, etc. Screw heated seats!

Would I buy another Subaru? HELLS YEAH!!!! I love my little 4-banger! I think it's an excellent piece of automotive technology for what it is, and there's no turning back. The passion that comes with buying your own turbo'd Subaru just cannot be matched IMO. I will probably have my little, pink, 2002 WRX forever (with their reliability I can)...even after I'm a millionaire with my 100 other cars, you can bet I'll be taking the Pinkness out for a good rally or local Subie meet!

The best part is that nothing comes close to the enthusiasm of the Subaru community!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Quote Originally Posted by dsel
    ...I don't pollute one iota...
    A gasoline-electric car still pollutes, it just uses peak-shaving to increase efficiency.

An all-electric car just uses electricity. 70% of the electricity in this country comes from coal-fired power plants. People seem to forget that.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike05STi
    I'd love to have a tree house for adults in my backyard.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    . Screw heated seats!
    :
    you live in Va. of course you'd say that....
    up here were it gets VERY COLD, heated seats are a GREAT feature!
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!
    I have 5 infraction points. What do you have?

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by wrxlude
    you live in Va. of course you'd say that....
    up here were it gets VERY COLD, heated seats are a GREAT feature!
    Sh1t, it's gets VERY COLD here too! And I'm also from Chicago where it gets EXTREMELY COLD. I'm not saying heated seats aren't awesome, but cloth > leather when it's cold out, and heated seats aren't neccessary.

I'm just trying to exude a positive attitude and reflect on the little things that make a WRX a WRX and make us happy, whereas most people love to complain, especially in a thread that serves as a 'complaint' vehicle. I'm sure you can appreciate that.

Sh1t, it's gets VERY COLD here too! And I'm also from Chicago where it gets EXTREMELY COLD. I'm not saying heated seats aren't awesome, but cloth > leather when it's cold out, and heated seats aren't neccessary.

I'm just trying to exude a positive attitude and reflect on the little things that make a WRX a WRX and make us happy, whereas most people love to complain, especially in a thread that serves as a 'complaint' vehicle. I'm sure you can appreciate that.
    I can. and yes, it can get cold in Virginia...but not the 'frozentothebone' COLD that you get up in the Northeast at times
    LIKE NOW!!! GRRRR 14 above with wind chill of 2...SUCKS!! I'd live in Virginia anyday!!!
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!

Meh, you're just still in your honeymoon phase. Wait until you have to drive with the windows down on a 5 F day, just so you aren't asphyxiated by the gas fumes.

Plus, the entire state of VA gets shut down (except the DC area) any time there is an inch of snow or more, so you'll never have to deal with the gas fumes. It's pretty hard to focus in general, much less on the good things when your basking in the unwanted high of the WRX. I guess the good news is that nobody wants to smoke in the car anymore.

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by VVVV
    Meh, you're just still in your honeymoon phase. Wait until you have to drive with the windows down on a 5 F day, just so you aren't asphyxiated by the gas fumes.

Plus, the entire state of VA gets shut down (except the DC area) any time there is an inch of snow or more, so you'll never have to deal with the gas fumes. It's pretty hard to focus in general, much less on the good things when your basking in the unwanted high of the WRX. I guess the good news is that nobody wants to smoke in the car anymore.
    Then you could definitely use this sweet MOD

Then you could definitely use this sweet MOD
    awww....how sweet!
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!

1. Rattles? What rattles? Don't you listen to music in the car?! I don't hear any rattles from my '02 (nor do I try to).

2. I'm painting my car pink. Paint issue solved.

3. Buy used. No warranty or limited warranty means you can choose an outstanding car shop to do your repair work (if any) or install mods, etc.

4. Get really good insurance (and gap insurance) and find an agent who will cover mods/upgrades to your vehicle.

5. I love the racer feel of the interior. Most people upgrade it with CF detailing, new shifters, gauge pods, audio systems, nav systems, etc. Screw heated seats!

Would I buy another Subaru? HELLS YEAH!!!! I love my little 4-banger! I think it's an excellent piece of automotive technology for what it is, and there's no turning back. The passion that comes with buying your own turbo'd Subaru just cannot be matched IMO. I will probably have my little, pink, 2002 WRX forever (with their reliability I can)...even after I'm a millionaire with my 100 other cars, you can bet I'll be taking the Pinkness out for a good rally or local Subie meet!

The best part is that nothing comes close to the enthusiasm of the Subaru community!
    HEHE YAY FOR HEATHER!!!! ^_^ (( i found your name because your popular in the forums ^_^) thats the SCOOBY spirit!!! regardless of all these complaints i am still getting the 07 wrx!!!!! every car has it ups and down. (^_^)
    "Love each other or perish" Morrie Schwartz
    "The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." Morrie Schwartz
    06 crystal grey metallic wrx wagon SOCAL F4 #24
    MY SPACE! Hawk-Eye Alliance #039
    Originally Posted by Speedette
    "modding is a disease...but a positive disease, like Chlamydia!"

I Support ClubWRX
    I am not 100% sure that I'll buy subaru again. I have nothing against the car and other then alot of tranny complainants my 06 with 3500 is everything I expected. I do not plan on modding my car nor abusing it, and I do plan on following the maitance scale fairly correctly, and I foresee no issues in selling my car in 2-3 years with minimal loss.

I do however feel for some of the complainants being issued. There is no reason for a 25k dollar car to have poor paint, notchy/crappy trannies, a lot of rattles (althrough mine has none so far) and a crappy howl at highway speeds. There is also no reason for a car like this to come stock with re-92's. I'm sure SOA could toss some real tires on this car (good all seasons) for probaly another 100 bucks more (considering the bulk they would buy in).

I feel that Subaru in general pushs the "awd" as an excuse for skimping on other areas. They offer a ultra high performance car (sti) with tires that shouldnt even be used in heavy rains let alone snow but pushes the "go anywhere" idea with it. The evo I assume is in the same catgoery but I dont feel the need for a buyer to have to spend an additional 600 bucks over the cost of a new car to drive it year round.

I cant think of a car other then the evo that competes with the sti now for it's price, so if i had to buy one tomorrow I would probaly be that. I'm not worried about gas because I would hopefuly have a DD/beater I could run around and get 30mpgs from.

If Toyo or Honda introduced a performance, awd, six speed machine in the 30k range I cant say for sure that subaru has sold me enough not to jump ship.

I do feel through that many of the complainers in this thread would complain about a 911T if given the chance. Enthusiats as a whole look at cars deferntly then the average person. I complain about things that my girlfriend doesnt even notice or care about. The average car buyer I thing loves the wrx, and that is why we feel "shafted" as subaru apparently has no trouble selling these cars and thus wont alter them.

In my next car I would love to have atleast 300 hp, six speed, awd, leather, sunroof, four doors, big brakes, all season performance tires, hardly any turbo lag, and around 23-26 mpgs. If anyone else builds this car or can fill more of these needs then they will get my money. If not I'll suck it up buy the sti and put tires on it, then find a DD to drive back in forth the work.

Or I'll just buy a 450hp mustang cobra and buy a used truck to drive in the snow/back and forth to work.....

As a whole I like my wrx, had 1 bad run in with a dealer while purschasing, and unless the deny any warranty work for a car that I baby beyond beleive they could very well have my money again....but even if they dont, i doubt they would care either way.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Hands down yes.

All complaints we've seen are no different than complaints other car companies have. Every manufacturer has a few things people complain the most about. When it comes down to it this car feels more solid than any other car I've ever driven. Handling...Power, Comfort, Speed. Hell the total package just seems better to me.

I've owned Ford, Honda, Chevy before and the quality in the subaru is still better. Honda in close second. Only reason I pick subaru over honda is the power, and comfort.