Would you buy Subaru again? why/why not? - Page 3
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Would you buy Subaru again? why/why not? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Subaru is definitely the only company where everyone who drives a WRX waves....

Subaru is definitely the only company where everyone who drives a WRX waves.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike05STi
    I'd love to have a tree house for adults in my backyard.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I would, definately.
    The lgt really makes me weak in the knees.
    I'd buy another Subaru, without question.

As far as those dealers go: sure, there are bad ones...just switch. I tell people time and time again that I DID NOT buy the wagon at the place I drove it. I went elsewhere and got the SAME car (well, better, having 7 miles on the odo) for less money. Nothing more, nothing less...just a GREAT car that has served me well for 3 yrs+ / 77k+ now, free of problems!! <knocks on wood>

Subaru = choice
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!
    I have 5 infraction points. What do you have?

To the original poster, I had a bad experience with a Subaru dealership back in 1998/ 1999 when all i need was a test drive to confirm my purchase of a 2.5RS... I had cash in hand and they kept telling me BS about how the "test car" is being driven right now so I should return later... I returned 3 times, hearing the same line each time, and finally caught them with the car parked right there... they scoffed at me and told me to come back with my parents. Needless to say that killed it for me... and I didn't buy a Subaru until 2002 but this time the dealership I went to was more friendly. I'm sure I woulda found another dealership if I got the same treatment.

As for buying another subaru, I would have to agree with most people in saying that I was quite unsatisfied with the car, as a car. For something fun to beat the hell out of, its pretty nice and durable. However, the WRX was beginning to look less attractive and dated, as a whole. More importantly, performance really fell behind the competition... good thing they made some changes!

If I were looking for something under $25,000... a 2006 WRX TR would be a very compelling option with subaru giving us a 2.5L engine and 4 pot calipers along with other refinements making it a viable performance option on the market. If I had $30,000+... I'd have to get an EVO. Subaru made some nice refinements to the STi, but that engine could've used a tweak or two. I like the Forester XT and Legacy GT, but price is killing it for me... now maybe if the Legacy and Forester had the STi powerplant, those prices would make some sense.

As for those dissing Toyota Hybrids... they have the best hybrid technology out there... so good that any hybrid car on the market probably has their technology. The Prius is wonderful automobile... I would buy one if I wanted a car just to drive around in. As for Subaru not making one, its fine with me... but i know they have been developing their own hybrid technology, so thats whats taking so long. Other company's with hybrid cars... are using Toyota's and paying them for it.
    Yes, that is me in my avatar! Kid's don't try this at home.
    CLICKY to view My Extensive Mod List!

At this point in my life I have suburu fever. I drive a 2.5rs (2 door). I am planning on my next car to be a new wrx or a slighly used STi. After that I am planning to get a LGT when I want something a little more refined but still has a turbo. While plans change I think that I will at least own 2 subies in my life.

My question is for you people who already own WRX's. What are you guys planning on getting after your wrx?

Sn
    ale Power: -BriTon
    06 STi=dead

RSTi Swap FTW
    Hawk-Eye Allience #013

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalNuke
    Subaru is definitely the only company where everyone who drives a WRX waves.
    Jeep & Vw Camps are the same.

As for buying another subaru, I doubt it. I think subaru builds great cars, but my evo's the last car that I'll be modding meaning that I'll need a warranty worth more than the paper its printed on with my next vehicle purchase. Subaru has proven to me where their priorities lie once with their targeting of enthusiast websites(iwsti, ravensblade-impreza) then again with their refusal to assist customers caught up in the shady and illegal business practices of a local dealership. Toss the many many experiences I've seen with their refusal of warranty due to "abuse" and their refusal to address build issues and that's enough to keep me from setting foot in their showrooms down the road.

This thread makes me sad.

Sn
    ale Power: -BriTon
    06 STi=dead

RSTi Swap FTW
    Hawk-Eye Allience #013

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrx BriT
    My question is for you people who already own WRX's. What are you guys planning on getting after your wrx?
    I tend to keep my cars and the bugeye Impreza is IMO worth holding on to. In addition to the Impreza though, I also cannot really sell our MR2 MkII for much the same reasons (good car, significant body style, not worth it to sell anyway etc.). I may buy another MkI MR2, but in any case we will probably get a hybrid SUV (dogs and stuff to haul around, they do not fit in an Impreza wagon and the Tribeca comes with the wrong motor IMO). If the commute gets really ridiculous I might also look into a Civic or Corolla, or maybe a bike to get around town (until some neanderthal in a land yacht kills me, and that will be that...).
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by slothy2020
    I said it before and I will stick with it that hybrids are a crap in their present state, they need much improvement to be the environment savior some hope they will be. Honda, ford and VW have standard cars that emit almost no pollution and get great gas mileage. (and doesn’t need a $2000 battery every 2-3 years)
    I got an 8-year warranty on the battery like everyone else who has ever bought a honda hybrid. I get 24/35+hwy mpg (not estimates - my own averages) in a heavy, large V6 sedan with 260HP and I don't look like brangelina in a prius. For my early adopter status, I got nearly $5000 in state and federal tax credits. I can drive by myself in HOV lanes I got a navigation system, leather seats, the XM, I don't pollute one iota and I'm a smug and self-righteous bastage.

Get a hybrid. you'll be less bitter
    Dead is Hard. Life is Much Easier. Be Adequite.
    -Lindsay Lohan

At this point in my life I have suburu fever. I drive a 2.5rs (2 door). I am planning on my next car to be a new wrx or a slighly used STi. After that I am planning to get a LGT when I want something a little more refined but still has a turbo. While plans change I think that I will at least own 2 subies in my life.

I would love to get a 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi, but then I would have to find someone to take all of the blue out of the interior.

I plan to upgrade to an STI or EVO...first things first, however, I'll be purchasing my first real estate investment property (though i gotta fight this car bug REALLY badly).

No sense in dumping more money in a devaluing piece of equipment such as a car. Gotta take care of my future first.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by dsel
    I got a navigation system, leather seats, the XM, I don't pollute one iota and I'm a smug and self-righteous bastage.

Get a hybrid. you'll be less bitter
    I take it you like the interior. Is it better put together than the Impreza? How is the handling, does the body roll or is it pretty solid? Well damped? How is the rear seat room?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Hells yes I would buy another one...I am going to buy another one soon. I have an 05 sedan wrx, but the payments are killing me so I am going to get an 02-03 wagon instead. I can't wait to blow some doors off in a wagon with my dogs in the back. All I need is an access port and some new wheels and lets rock it again.

SOA seems a little warranty-denial happy. I really don't know if I would buy another one.

And to say, the experience of buying a similar car again just isn't the same as buying something completely different.
    Born Again Car Enthusiast

i wont be buying another one unless its older than 1990. great cars but not worth paying new money out for.

my girl was going for a STi but i cant say much on her not getting it. i told he about the warranty stuff though, didnt go through right....

I am a little less than halfway done with college (about another 3 years left) and I will do one of two things.

Either keep my wrx until I am done with college, or sell it this summer/fall for a 2002/2003 Nissan Maxima 6spd with HSLD because it will be easier to drive in the city due to a smoother tranny, no turbo lag, great torque and good refinement. After college, I will most likely find myself in either an Evo or G35c
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.