Would you buy Subaru again? why/why not? - Page 10
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

This is a discussion on Would you buy Subaru again? why/why not? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by VVVV That's one thing I've never understood. When I look for a real estate agent, I try ...

Quote Originally Posted by VVVV
    That's one thing I've never understood. When I look for a real estate agent, I try to find the one driving the crappiest car around. If they drive a Lexus it means they're making too much money off of me, and they are going to be more of a cheat, or less interested in my interests. Photography may be different, but I'm still wary when any sales pitch is involved.

i totally agree with you in that aspect, but you're right, photography IS different. when i have to pitch myself to clients, they want someone who is obviously doing well for themselves, they dont necessarily want to see some young upstart who is just going to take their money in exchange for crap work. however, for me, being 20. having p urchased the car on my own, it makes me seem like less of a punk, especially when i dress presentable.

its all subjective really, and when you deliver far surpassed the client's expectation, word of mouth travels very very fast.

so, what i said before, is true to a point. but not every case is the same. ( location actually has a lot to do with it, orange county is notorious for such people )
    Abram Goglanian: Photographer
    WTB: 99-03 Impreza ( RS or WRX )

Ewwww.... Myspace.
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    ...I think they're loud enough to cause spontaneous involuntary pooping of the pants.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

however. i can say this.

if SOA ever releases a STi wagon. i could give a rat's behind about any other car and i will most definately own that car. ( with the leather interior option )

Ewwww.... Myspace.
    ...I think they're loud enough to cause spontaneous involuntary pooping of the pants.

Quote Originally Posted by VVVV
    That's one thing I've never understood. When I look for a real estate agent, I try to find the one driving the crappiest car around. If they drive a Lexus it means they're making too much money off of me, and they are going to be more of a cheat, or less interested in my interests. Photography may be different, but I'm still wary when any sales pitch is involved.
    Eh, I dont necessarily agree.

I definitely see your point, however there is another side to that. Where you perceive a realestate agent with a nice car as "making too much money" or "ripping people off on commission"... Other may see it as "this guy drives a nice car, which means he must be good... which means he will sell my house fast/close on new house fast".

My grandfather has been an agent for nearly 30 years and is very successful I might add. I have had this convo with him before and he says that most of the time having a nice car represents your success to others that might potentially hire you or buy from you....Whether you are selling their old home for them, or you are selling them a new home... And in the business, dressing nice and having a nice car showes success and makes people more confident in choosing you as their agent.

This is just my experience though.... It could be different on a case by case matter I suppose.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

thats the words i was looking for! ( i couldnt remember my reasoning, but what you said was exactly it! )

thank you.

Ewwww.... Myspace.

No never what a waste of time and money.

After I finally got my whole exhaust replaced. I took forever as they had to order in a part from Japan.

All that Subaru Canada did was make the dealer give me two free service visits. Subaru did not have to do anything. I spoke with one of their head of service from back east and all he could say is this was a great example of how warranty works.

In addition my rotors are warped only 4k kms and I need new rotors. BMW brakes are expensive but at least I did not have to change them until after 25k kms The servcie guy agreed to change them under warrantee but he sugested I drive it for another 2k kms until my next scheduled service. How crazy is that? They want me to drive my new car with warped rotors for 2000 kms (thats like 1000 miles).

And by the way my gas cap door sticks shut. Yes I go to the gas station to fill up and I can't get the door to the gas cap open I have to pry it open with my key so i can put gas in the car.

This thing is a realy piece of work. The service bites, the dealership could care less and the company doesn't care at all.

Don't buy a subaru. I will say it slowly

..d..o.. ..n..o..t.. ..b..u..y.. ..a.. ..S..U..B..A..R..U..

some one got SCREWED! ^^^^^

sorry to hear that man. My subaru has 90+ thousand miles on it and it seems to be doing fine besides some minor stuff like my paint and some little creeks.
    96 Mustang: Shorty Headers, X-pipe, Electronic cut out, Air silencer Delete, K&N air filter, really sticky tires
    (14.32 @ 96.7mph)

02 bugeye: exedy oem clutch, kybAGX struts, momo short-throw shifter, steel braided brake lines, stoptech rotors and stock rims (the 17inch wheel just weighed too much), 14.232 @ 94.75mph

how much do you want to bet that has largely to do with subaru Canada. it may just not be as sucessful of a brand as it is here and if so, they arent going to go out of their way to help you. rarely do you find any dealer that gives exceptional service.

not too long ago, before i got my wrx. i was still living in santa barbara at the time so i went down to the automall to have a look at what was available.

i stopped in to check out the saab 9-5 wagon, and after being there for over 35 mins i couldnt get one single person to talk to me. so i left! i then went over to the MBZ/Porsche dealer ( just to drool at the carrera GT ) and within 15 seconds one of the sales reps was there to talk to me, he treated me as a customer, and answered any question i could come up with. he offered to let me test drive the new 911 as well ( the 997 ). now mind you, i was 19 at the time, just dressed in a nice-casual manner. and yet he considered me to be a valuable customer. instead of shrugging me off when they could of had my business at Saab.

i havent dealt with the dealer locally here, i havent heard good things about them. but fortunately, the guy i bought my wrx from recommended me to one in riverside that he got exceptional service from. he even went out of his way to call the dealer, tell them about the sale, and to make sure i got the same service he did.

questions like this are solely based on personal experience, and to some extent, a little biased.

Ewwww.... Myspace.

Every time I've been to a Saab dealer I've had the same thing happend. There always deserted and no one seems to work there.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Quote Originally Posted by dehnem
    some one got SCREWED! ^^^^^

sorry to hear that man. My subaru has 90+ thousand miles on it and it seems to be doing fine besides some minor stuff like my paint and some little creeks.
    And that is exactly why i bought it. It is cheaper than the other cars i have bought, faster, gets better gas mileage (in 5th on the hwy at least) and it was supposed to be more reliable.

And subarus are quite popular here as it does snow alot in Canada but our market is much smaller than yours.

We have four dealerships and a population of about 2 million +. I don't know how that compares to other areas.

I was told that my service dept was one of three that subaru uses for difficult situations as well.

It is all subjective as to where you experience your trouble with subaru or any car company. I have had no problems but my moms 05 outback turbo destroyed 2 rear tires in the winter because of ice buildup, then both headlight bulbs died within a week of eachother. from their perspective this new car has been trouble.

as for my dealer i bought both my wrx's from one guy and my parents both bough their cars from him as well. he knows me by name, and when i swing by to check out new cars or their used lot he always comes out and chats about the car biz. Not that you have to buy 4 cars from one person, he recognised me after i bought my first car from him. its all about the people you deal with. some are good others suck.

if you get attitude when you go to the dealer, dont blame the product.

luke
    I just don't get this drifting thing, why would I spend money to put a car in the wall for a bunch of stupid 16 year olds with dreams of fast and Furious?

Grip or Die!

Blobeye Syndicate #17

The car was the original problem. I wrote pages and pages about my experience with the car on this website.

The brand new car broke after the first couple of days and has been back in the shop 5-6 times in its first 1000kms.

So that was the original situation this new car would not work properly.

In adddtion to that I don't think the service department has it together. Got better service from my MG mech, my BMW mechs, my Jeep mech, and my Acura mech (in fairness Acura never had any problems in 8 years)

So lets review ... the sales guy was fine. The car hs been a pile. The service compentence has been questionable. Subaru Canada's representatives have done nothing. One guy suggested he would send me a hat for my troubles and I said in business we call that T-N-T (trinkets and trash). Don't even bother.

But the main problem has been and continues to be built quality in the car. If the car was put together properly then we would not have these problems.

too bad the Lemon Law equivelent in canada is setup to handle each car on an individual basis using hearings. kinda like its setup to deter people from trying to get retribution.

And calling the company that build over 90% of the peoples cars on this forum crap isnt gonna work so well because we all own one as well, and i know all these people on here are as crazy as me and would not be satisfied by a "pile".

People always have had service issues, there have been 5 years worth of whining about SOA this and that. But that always happens when someone gets a sour taste in their mouth, and it happens to all brands of cars. When you say a Ford is crap you wont get too much argument from me, but someone WILL. raise their toothless voice in protest.

If you want an agreement try posting this on a mitsu or dodge board, Im sorry for your trouble But I believe subarus are fine cars, my family has had 4 since 2001 and i will have more in the future.

luke

..Buy.. ..Subaru.. ..and.. only.. ..subaru..
    I just don't get this drifting thing, why would I spend money to put a car in the wall for a bunch of stupid 16 year olds with dreams of fast and Furious?

Grip or Die!

Blobeye Syndicate #17

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I did research the lemon law equivalent in Canada but did not feel there was much posibility there.

I did buy a subaru due to the fact that i had counselled my parents to get one and they still have thiers. 200 000 kms on it no real problems. So my impression was that they are reliable from that and other antidotal evidence and research.

As I stated the car that I bought is not reliable the executive at Subaru scoffed at me when I mentioned the idea of the car being a lemon. His exact word were that there is no such thing as a lemon. Cars are put together by computers and they don't have a bad day. The fact that the piece that holds my O2 sensor was not even welded on to the exhaust (at all) he was more concerned with seeing if this was a large problem than just my car.

My experience with Subaru is well documented step by step on this forum.

This 05 WRX had problems from the first weekend I got it and continues to have problems and it is a Subaru.

The way Subaru Canada handled my complaint was sub standard and superficial based on my experience with several other car companies both domestic and imported. Except for my MG I buy a new car every two to three years and I always have two cars one practicle and one for fun.

I wish this WRX was a good reliable car but it just simply is not. That is one issue but Subaru has had my opportunities to take care of the situation but they choose not to as I have documented.

So athough the car is (on paper) ideal my experience with this car leads me to warn people against purchasing this car. I view my purchase of this car as a mistake.

If they do so knowing the risks involved then thats up to them but I would never wish my experiences on anybody. I may not be able to do anything about what happened to me but I can warn others about this and hope they think twice before spending their hard earned dollars.

So at this point would I buy a subaru again? NO. Would I recommend people buy a subaru? NO.

Btw in my position people ask me my opinion on which car to buy and i have to give it honestly. You roll the dice when buying a Subaru if you're unlucky to be the one who gets a problem car watch out.

Thanks for the chat. By the way i did receive some helpful and constructive information from people on this board as this is were I turned when I thought I was getting misinformation from Subaru and they had the answers right away. So I say thanks for that.

pay some kids to throw bottles at the service rep and his car after work for a week, and some flaming turd bags as well. Trailer park style.

If the guy thinks cars are so well put together why does he even have a job? his whole carreer is based on flaws and random mechanical malfunctions, the same randomness that provides service work effects the production line as well. This results in factory freaks and runts, sorry you got a runt.

or blackmail someone at subaru for a complete V7 driveline :-)

Luke

Grip or Die!

Blobeye Syndicate #17

It's the paint and living in New Jersey!
    1999 BMW 328i - R.I.P.
    2004 JBP WRX - R.I.P.
    2007 SWP STi
    And Loving Every Minute Of It.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.