Police badges in car Windshield-how to get?

This is a discussion on Police badges in car Windshield-how to get? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was wondering where everyone gets those police badges that are in the bottom left of peoples windshields. I want ...

Police badges in car Windshield-how to get?

I was wondering where everyone gets those police badges that are in the bottom left of peoples windshields. I want to get one but i dont know how to go about getting one. Does anyone have one that knows how to?

Someone told me you have to become a member of a department and donate money?

Thanks
    Joseph

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

there are usually two or three different stickers. one or two of them are based on contributions to the dept (charitable)

there is also usually a sticker for the officer's regular vehicle and the family.

dR

that or you can find them on ebay... haha.
    bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

Around me you can get them through the PBA
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

Thanks a lot everyone

The one im lookin for is a large shield. Its not a sticker and it attaches by 3 sucktion cups.

I was lookin for them on line for a picture but wasnt sure what they were called.

So shoudl i call the police department and tell them i wanna make a donation?
    Thanks
    Joseph

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDooWRX

Thanks
    Joseph
    If you paypal some money to me, I promise never to give you a ticket.
    Dead is Hard. Life is Much Easier. Be Adequite.
    -Lindsay Lohan

You know that's not going to help you much, right? One of my buddies' father is an FBI agent, so their whole family has a set of PBA stickers and all that... and despite being a professional looking, clean-cut guy, he NEVER gets out of tickets. (His dad, otoh, always just flashes his credentials and they wave him on).

Chances are that the cops know that these stickers/badges/etc are available on ebay. It may even piss them off to see 'em, knowing you only put them there to try to get out of tickets.
    2002 WRX Sedan - 2000 Mazda Miata
    Do us all a favor: work on learning how to drive your car before adding more power. Pretty please.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm not an expert or anything...but i'd say they wouldnt help much...AT ALL. Most PD familes have FP or FOP tags of some sort, many wifes and kids have these. As for the actual PD...there is no need to have FP tags or stickers or anything else. It's not hard to work into conversation at all, and many larger cities make it manditory to ID yourself as a cop when getting pulled over because odds are you are armed, and wouldnt want the cop that is pulling you over to get a climps of your gun...then it becomes a huge ordeal...so many places make you ID yourself as part of the traffic stop.........
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDooWRX
    Careful. If you're not a fan of telemarketers, don't do it. The policeman's ball telemarketers in our area are the rudest, most persistent group of jerks I've had the misfortune to speak with on the phone. They act like it's your duty to both listen to their pitch and to give as much as possible. And they are just telemarketers, not actual cops, and get a cut of any donation you may give.

Plus the best thing I've ever had in my car to get out of tickets was a pizza bag.

Quote Originally Posted by AutoXJunkie
    Chances are that the cops know that these stickers/badges/etc are available on ebay. It may even piss them off to see 'em, knowing you only put them there to try to get out of tickets.
    exactly, and even little kids know that these stickers don't work
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

Quote Originally Posted by dsel
    If you paypal some money to me, I promise never to give you a ticket.
    Dude you promise Hows $500

Quote Originally Posted by Wrinkleboi
    that or you can find them on ebay... haha.
    bryan

FOP sends those out for free around here as a gift. So everyone has them.

PBA shields are available to sworn members of a police department. Each member is only entitlled to 2 sheilds.PS: there are secret blackout days-so if you display your shield on that day you will be stopped. The shields are serial numbered and entered as stolen property by the PBA and other professional agencies if stolen. So if you buy one off ebay-there is a good chance its stolen. I'm retired Law enforcement so I'm not talking out of my ass-anybody says they are available by donation is F.O.S.. The F.O.P. Issues "associate member" badges,the PBA does not. The PBA issues stickers for financial support.In the state of New Jersey,there has been a BIG crackdown of the possession of PBA shields,by those that have gotten them through ebay etc..
    Last edited by Arclight; 11-11-2005 at 06:22 PM. Reason: forgot detail
    Remember: Freedom isn't free.
    Old car: 1999 Porsche 996 C2 coupe
    New Car: 2005 WRX Sti
    Verdict: NO comparison-Sti rules
    Previous race car: Eagle chassis sprint car,410cu in Donovan aluminum smallblock dynoed at 806 hp. car weight. 1375 with the driver. Turn right to go left!!! Sprint car racing-drifting for real!

I have no clue what you guys are talking about.
    05' WRB STI
    MODS

Go raibh tú leathuair ar Neamh
    sula bhfuil a fhios ag an diabhal go bhfuil tú marbh

May you be a half-hour in Heaven before the devil knows that you're dead.

SMR
    I donated money to my local PD, and recieved a magnet. I display it proudly on my car to show support for the people that protect me and mine. I don't expect it to get me out of a ticket.
    Once an officer asked where I got it, I told him, and he told me he appreciated it. That alone felt good and was worth the money.
    Wow, just wow