EJ205 swap finally running!

This is a discussion on EJ205 swap finally running! within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey everyone. first off if this is in the wrong thread mods feel free to move it. there's no members ...

EJ205 swap finally running!

hey everyone. first off if this is in the wrong thread mods feel free to move it. there's no members car gallery here so i'm not sure where else to post this. i finally finished my ej205 swap in my GM6 RS tonight. i had been having problems getting it started. fuel pump wasn't priming and the CEL wasn't coming on at all. so with that info i assumed that the ecu wasn't communicating, probably because it wasn't getting power for some reason. it ended up that the relay that sends the power back to the ecu on start wasn't wired in so with that soldered in the car started right up and runs/idles great. i don't hav a camera right now but i'll get pictures and maybe a vid when i can. for now here's a description of the car right now.

2000 sedona red pearl 2.5RS coupe
    2003 wrx ej205 motor and ecu
    wrx turbo
    wrx tmic
    wrx wiring harness
    wrx boost controller
    wrx fp controller
    wrx crossmember
    wrx lower control arms
    wrx fsb
    tgv delete (no CEL )
    act clutch disc and pressure plate
    STi v7 intake manifold
    megan racing 1 piece stainless 4-1 header/up pipe
    stromung divorced 3" stainless dp
    stroming high flow 3" metal substrate cat
    spt/bosal 3" stainless cat back
    walbro 255 fuel pump
    kartboy short shifter and bushings
    razo wr spec black leather/red stitch shift knob
    inital k white face indiglo gauge faces
    autometer phantom boost and egt gauges
    wrx sport pedals
    215/45-16 falken azenis sport tires wrapped around stock 16's
    JIC FLT-A2RS custom built coil overs from kevin of JIC (with tires and suspension total drop is about 3.5" front and 3" rear)
    rolled fenders (no rubbing)
    jdm wrx 18mm rsb
    corbeau 4 point harnesses
    4gauge battery, starter, and ground cables
    PIAA super plasma gtx head bulbs
    PIAA super plast gt fog bulbs
    diy clear corners
    clear fender and bumper directional lenses

so thats that, i hav a handful of electrical issues to figure out and i need an alignment like no other but other than that the car is looking better and better everyday. it feels good to be back!

edit: forgot to put this in here. my pics of the this past summer working on the car. the fire that torched the wiring that made me decided to do yet another engine swap happened while i was at bridgestone racing academy in ontario. it sat in the parking garage there for 2 months while i was there. i didn't even worry about it since my friend couldn't afford gas up there and just gave me the keys to his E36 M3 while we were there. i trailered it home when i was done and the project began yet again. the only difference is instead of a nice 2 bay garage and 3 ppl to help me when i did my ej22t hybrid motor swap with a hydra this summer i had a small one bay garage in a condo complex that didn't even want me to change oil and i was working completely alone. so here are the pictures of this summer, they're not updated so the last ones are back when i didn't even hav the front end on.
    http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/slamdr.../ph//my_photos
    Last edited by RSEnigma; 10-10-2005 at 07:39 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats on finishing......any EM being used? and what was the worst part of the whole thing...the wiring? I'm wonder what kind of market would there be for someone with the know how to trim a full wrx wiring harness much like they do on the FFR cobra builds.....
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

the worst part was waiting for stuff. i was constantly waiting for parts and running to get things. i had most of what i needed just because this is the unteenth time i've pulled motors out of imprezas. it was a little bit of a pain doing ALL the wrench work myself and getting the motors in and out. the wrx motor is much harder to get in than the sohc motors. the heads are way bigger and the Megan Racing 4-1 header/up pipe i have collects right where one of the lower rad mounts is so i had to do a little bending and tweeking to get it to slide over the input shaft. the wiring woulda hav been the longest hardest part for me because i'm not a big fan of wiring but my buddy who got me the motor and ecu and pretty much every little piece i needed for the swap did the wiring for free since me buying the motor helped him get his ej207 in his RS. right now other than the bolt ons i don't have any performance upgrade as far as more boost and fuel other than my walbro 255 so i don' t need anything other than the stock wrx ecm for management. when i do get a vf30/34 and pinks i'll goto ktr and do ecutek reflashes. ktr is great and i hav more than full confidence in their abilities with my car on their dyno.

its funny you should mention the ffr kits. i'm planning on doing a ffr cobra kit once i hav the time and money. the wiring on an ffr kit is way easier, especially if you plan on using a carbeurated motor, with that route the Painles wiring harness that are included are stupid easy to run.
    Last edited by RSEnigma; 10-10-2005 at 08:50 PM.

Very nice project! Congrats!