Oil Change

This is a discussion on Oil Change within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I am changing my oil for the first time in my 05 WRX. I use to just bring my old ...

Oil Change

I am changing my oil for the first time in my 05 WRX. I use to just bring my old camry and have it dont somewhere, but not this car I care what type of oil goes in it. What oil should i buy for her??????

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    See the "Oil Change" sticky thread at the top of the maintenance forum, there's hundreds of posts with info.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Any good pure synthetic is what I would recommend.
    "..are wont to seize upon people about the beginning of Autumn; and sometimes also sooner, according to the temper of the foregoing Summer, whether they had been hotter, or cooler: & they some years rage so violently, as that they last the greatest part of the said seasons, miserably afflicting people all that while, and destroying many of them - Exterminated by the Bloody Flux
    Dysentery in Eighteenth-Century Naval and Military Medical Accounts
    "

I prefer mobil 1. Heck thats what the factory fills and recommends for my EVO. Corvettes too!

You can still have synthetic oil if you have the oik change "dont somewhere," they'll just charge you a bit more than you can do it yourself.
    Mine: '05 PSM WRX 5MT Sport Wagon, Cobb AP
    Wife's: '05 SRR 2.5RS 5MT Sport Wagon

The Knack. It's a rare condition characterized by an extreme intuition about all things mechanical and electrical ... and utter social ineptitude.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrilgrey
    Any good pure synthetic is what I would recommend.
    He shouldn't go synth until 10K. I e-mailed Subaru about it. Some may feel differently, but that's what they say.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike05STi
    I'd love to have a tree house for adults in my backyard.

I have heard the same. Synthetic should not be used during the life of a young engine. Something about it being too slick and not allowing heat to build up and adjust seals. I'm no mechanic though so I don't know if thats BS.
    Maverick

I only ran quakerstate 10w30 in mine.