Got my 2006 WRB Wagon! - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Got my 2006 WRB Wagon! within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yeah, actually today I had some coffee in the car and put the empty cup into the holder and it ...

Yeah, actually today I had some coffee in the car and put the empty cup into the holder and it easily would flop around -- so, not tall enough to handle taller bottles or cups.

As for the lag -- yeah... exactly like the forester xt. You feel power quickly! I've managed to now get 190 miles in since last night... working hard at getting to that 1k mile mark (however, most likely when I hit 940 miles, I'll just surrender and test the turbo...)

I ran over a road last night that was notorious for reminding me why I hated the bushings in the front end on my '04 -- it would jerk the wheel around... didn't budge a centimeter on the '06.

I parked the car outside of work on top of the parking garage so I can look out our windows and peak at it once in a while -- she looks lonely out there by herself... hehe
    Hawkeye - 808
    2006 WRB Wagon
    mod list http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/2188188-post359.html - hopefully.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Damn, the 06' WRB wagons look ALOT nicer than the 04 / 05's!!! Congrats!
    -Bruce

the brakes are the best upgrade... the seats look awsome too.
    '05 CGM Subaru Impreza WRX Mods
    '02 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX (sold)
    '94 Subaru Legacy Wagon L (daily)
    '90 Toyota Supra Turbo

I Support ClubWRX
    Another observation: the '06 stock stereo is really not bad at all for a basic OEM setup. It's much louder and clearer than the previous one, and the car is quieter, which helps, too.

<-- lovin' it, but still only have 130 miles on here. No time.

Observation #2: it hauls ass even with the A/C on. The '04 felt like a broken Kia until about 4,500 RPM with the A/C on.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

how is the exhaust note.. is it louder then previous wrx's?

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96
    Another observation: the '06 stock stereo is really not bad at all for a basic OEM setup. It's much louder and clearer than the previous one, and the car is quieter, which helps, too.

<-- lovin' it, but still only have 130 miles on here. No time.

Observation #2: it hauls ass even with the A/C on. The '04 felt like a broken Kia until about 4,500 RPM with the A/C on.
    i have to agree... the stereo is very well done. the only problem i have is that the passenger door panel seems to vibrate a little with the bass i'm thinking of just putting something in the pocket of the door to stop it.

ugh, i'm so close to finishing off my break-in. only 350 km (217 miles) left on my sedan and its really really making me antsy heheheh.

and the pull is strong. tonight i had 4 other people in the car and punched the gas at around 2500 rpm up to 3500 rpm and it picked up VERY nicely. this 2.5L is definitely a perfect match for the WRX.
    Last edited by drummerboy; 09-21-2005 at 10:00 PM.
    2006 WRX - World Rally Blue

I was up at the dealer yesterday getting some work done on my bugeye and they had two '06 STi's (wht n blue, both w'gld rims) and a red ' 06 wrx sedan with leather interior. The WRX looked fantastic, and the wagon looks stellar from the pics. I really think Suby's got it right, if they'd only add AVCS heads to ALL the 2.5L blocks... mmmm AVCS

One thing I did notice; the front hood scoop on the STi's and the WRX, seemed to be the same size.

yup they are the same size ^_^. because the 04/05 hoodscoops were too big so it block the view sorta of the driver. that why they changed it i was told by a sales person at santamonica subaru (CA).
    "Love each other or perish" Morrie Schwartz
    "The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." Morrie Schwartz
    06 crystal grey metallic wrx wagon SOCAL F4 #24
    MY SPACE! Hawk-Eye Alliance #039
    Originally Posted by Speedette
    "modding is a disease...but a positive disease, like Chlamydia!"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Girn
    how is the exhaust note.. is it louder then previous wrx's?
    I haven't had a chance to listen to the exhaust outside the car yet, but the engine note from inside is much meaner and a little louder than the previous WRX. It sounds like a "big" engine now and really growls. It's a very neat sound.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    -- Steven Wright

The stereo is much nicer -- mine came with the sub with it as well. That combo is 500% better than the other transistor radio in the '04. In addition to base and treble, they let you adjust the midrange now as well.

You can hear a different note to the exhaust... but, I gotta say; when you get on the highway, you can definitely tell they added a lot of noise reduction material. It is much quieter.

I've managed to get up to 463 miles since tuesday... hehehe... I want this break-in done with! I'll leave an hour earlier in the morning for work and get some miles added up... I did a fill up and got 21mpg which was me cruising between 1800 and 3000 rpms and a lot of stop and go so I can get the variability in the RPM's.

The setup now seems right for the car... the steering is light but quick... the clutch is definitely different - I've stalled 3 times now.
    Hawkeye - 808
    2006 WRB Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Lipster
    the clutch is definitely different - I've stalled 3 times now.
    I thought I was the only one having a hard time adjusting to the '06 clutch. It works great, it just feels a lot different than before. I've stalled in reverse and 1st a few times. D'oh.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    -- Steven Wright

I Support ClubWRX
    I thought I was the only one having a hard time adjusting to the '06 clutch. It works great, it just feels a lot different than before. I've stalled in reverse and 1st a few times. D'oh.
    n00b

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    n00b
    I should be banned from shifting.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    -- Steven Wright

I Support ClubWRX

After my wife tried for the first time to drive my older wagon, I tried to ban her... didn't go over very well...
    Hawkeye - 808
    2006 WRB Wagon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.