Security Light wont stop blinking!!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Security Light wont stop blinking!! within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey my security light wont stop blinking with my car off or on! any help with this...its getttting really anying... ...

North New Jersey, School at Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania (Rt 287, Rt 78, Rt 22, Rt 80)

Security Light wont stop blinking!!

Hey my security light wont stop blinking with my car off or on! any help with this...its getttting really anying...

Hopefully it didnt always blink before...i just noticed it now..lol

thanks
    thomas
    -My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

"I wanted to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that wouldn't screw to save its species" Fight Club

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I believe you may have it on "valet" mode. Have you tried turning yr alarm on/off with the door open? That'll usually select/de-select it.
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    every time anyone asks to drive my car - even valets I say "no". when they say "what's the big deal?" I say "would you let someone wear your underwear? would you let someone have sex with your girlfriend? ....same thing."

North New Jersey, School at Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania (Rt 287, Rt 78, Rt 22, Rt 80)
    Quote Originally Posted by overwrxed24
    I believe you may have it on "valet" mode. Have you tried turning yr alarm on/off with the door open? That'll usually select/de-select it.
    Grr. ive tried that, i also disconnected my battery...reset ecu..didnt work either...

-My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

"I wanted to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that wouldn't screw to save its species" Fight Club

There is a buton on top of the steering rack, check that.
    Honda's are like tampons every P---y has one.

Quote Originally Posted by EllinikoScooby
    There is a buton on top of the steering rack, check that.
    Yea the parking light, ive tried that as well.
    -My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

Quote Originally Posted by Jack
    Grr. ive tried that, i also disconnected my battery...reset ecu..didnt work either...

Did you hold it down for a couple of seconds?? I think you have to hold it for like a 5 count or something.

Hope this helps.

alex G.
    every time anyone asks to drive my car - even valets I say "no". when they say "what's the big deal?" I say "would you let someone wear your underwear? would you let someone have sex with your girlfriend? ....same thing."

Quote Originally Posted by overwrxed24
    Did you hold it down for a couple of seconds?? I think you have to hold it for like a 5 count or something.

Hope this helps.

alex G.
    edit: I'm referring to the button on your remote alarm. not sure if it's the orange or blue though. good luck.

it's in your manual. It means that your alarm was triggered or in valet mode.
    VF-39 Powered
    298.71HP/282.36TQ on 93Oct
    319.32HP/308.27TQ on 110Oct

Open your driver's side door, and hold the little button on your keyless entry remote down until the light stops blinking.
    '02 WRB WRX
    '92 Civic Si

i have had the same problem, couldnt figure it out either, so i just left it alone, but i will try the door thing!

Ross

yea it was in valet mode, thanks! Whats the difference bewteen a wrx in valet mode and wrx not in valet mode?
    -My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

u mean the security light that keeps flashing? i figured that was a sign that the alarm is working LOL! i have the same thing but never thought anything of it. i figure that can be another theft deterrent or something
    2005 Nissan 350z roadster
    Originally Posted by BrianH
    I can hit 10K more posts before a neon R/T will hit 60mph.

i was playing around with the buttons on the remote, and i have it were when the alarm is trigered, the horn doesnt come on, i thought thats kinda cool,

wow i just put in the contra 30 men code on my remote and all of a sudden....a trunk monkey came out with a wrench!! wow!
    2005 Nissan 350z roadster
    Originally Posted by BrianH
    I can hit 10K more posts before a neon R/T will hit 60mph.

Quote Originally Posted by IronMedic
    wow i just put in the contra 30 men code on my remote and all of a sudden....a trunk monkey came out with a wrench!! wow!
    Yr not supposed to reveal the secret of the 30 contra man code!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.