"Autolock" - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on "Autolock" within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by timber I actually found quite a bit of info on this subject just doing a google.. what ...

Quote Originally Posted by timber
    I actually found quite a bit of info on this subject just doing a google..

what did u type in the search? I did an autolock search and I came up with like software stuff or sites that sell the autolock.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TurnWRX
    what did u type in the search? I did an autolock search and I came up with like software stuff or sites that sell the autolock.
    I believe it was something like "autolock + anti-theft" (no quotes but with the plus) or some thing similar.
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

I'm giving up. I can't find this anywhere. I'm pretty sure that it was on tv because my wife remembers it too but I would think that it would be on the web too. Oh well.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zoinks
    I'm giving up. I can't find this anywhere. I'm pretty sure that it was on tv because my wife remembers it too but I would think that it would be on the web too. Oh well.
    Thanks for trying..
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    -5,000 posts

See, now I've gotten curious and pissed that I can't find it so I'll probably search more.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zoinks
    See, now I've gotten curious and pissed that I can't find it so I'll probably search more.

That's what 'ya get for being a good guy..
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    -5,000 posts

Ravelco

I had a Ravelco installed. The installer came to my house and did it in 3.5 hours. The device is very simple, basically a kill switch such that you need a plug to start your car. All the wires are black, so some guys who's installed a few alarms wouldn't be able to easily figure out the Ravelco.

Most aftermarket alarms have color coded wires and are installed in a similar manner. Someone who's worked at an audio store that installs alarms has the knowledge to bypass your alarm and steal your car.

The reason this particular devices works so well is because of the way its installed. My installer made everything look factory. All the wires were hidden and wrapped up in multiple layers of this heat shrink plastic. It would take determined thieves a long time to find/access the wires to steal the car.

Only way of stealing it would be a tow truck. My installer's site is:

http://www.neverstolen.com/

The company site is:

http://www.ravelco.com/
    2005 Obsidian Black Pearl Subaru Impreza WRX STi

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterC0523
    I had a Ravelco installed. The installer came to my house and did it in 3.5 hours. The device is very simple, basically a kill switch such that you need a plug to start your car. All the wires are black, so some guys who's installed a few alarms wouldn't be able to easily figure out the Ravelco.

Most aftermarket alarms have color coded wires and are installed in a similar manner. Someone who's worked at an audio store that installs alarms has the knowledge to bypass your alarm and steal your car.

The reason this particular devices works so well is because of the way its installed. My installer made everything look factory. All the wires were hidden and wrapped up in multiple layers of this heat shrink plastic. It would take determined thieves a long time to find/access the wires to steal the car.

The company site is:

Per the neverstolen website:
    THE CLUB and the AUTOLOCK - Widely advertised, The Club is probably the best-known antitheft product on the market today. But as demonstrated on CBS's American Journal, a car thief using a hacksaw can cut through the vehicle's steering wheel and remove The Club in just 22 seconds! The program also demonstrated how a thief can spray freon into the locking mechanism of The Club, hit the now - frozen lock with a hammer, and shatter it like glass, enabling him to remove The Club. In addition, there is a device called the Club Buster, which will break The Club and AutoLock devices in 60 seconds. The Club Buster is intended for locksmiths, tow truck operators, and auto repossession professionals, but any thief can buy it over the internet right now for $93.
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    -5,000 posts

The company site is:

so how much was the product and how much was installation?

What happens if u lose the plug?

so how much was the product and how much was installation?

What happens if u lose the plug?
    I also have it. It cost <$300 installed.

I will PM you about losing the plug because I don't want that info available to the public.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

how much is the product itself without labor costs?

Is it transferrable to another car if let's say I sell my car and buy a new one? I would just have to pay labor costs?

quote:
    The circuits interrupted by the RAVELCO may vary from application to application. Typically, they would include the electronic fuel pump, the ignition circuit, the starter circuit or even the computer. Complete instructions are provided for every type vehicle for installation.

Does it use up a lot of battery power? And has anyone (that you've heard) had their car malfunction or not work properly after having the ravelco installed?

how much is the product itself without labor costs?
    I think it is only priced as installed. One of their installers have to put it in. You can't.
    Is it transferrable to another car if let's say I sell my car and buy a new one? I would just have to pay labor costs?
    It may be but the way they cut the wires to fit in the car it may not work. Don't know.
    quote:
    The circuits interrupted by the RAVELCO may vary from application to application. Typically, they would include the electronic fuel pump, the ignition circuit, the starter circuit or even the computer. Complete instructions are provided for every type vehicle for installation.

Does it use up a lot of battery power? And has anyone (that you've heard) had their car malfunction or not work properly after having the ravelco installed?
    It doesn't use any power. The plug just completes a circuit. If the plug is in it works, if not it doesn't. It plugs in tight so it is not like it will fall out. I have never heard of an issue with a car running it.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

I guess in theory it is transferrable, but the amount of time and work necessary to undo the installation is simply not worth it. Might as well buy a new one.

The device is very simple, it's the installation that makes it work so well.

Quote Originally Posted by WRC_Obsessed
    It doesn't use any power. The plug just completes a circuit. If the plug is in it works, if not it doesn't. It plugs in tight so it is not like it will fall out. I have never heard of an issue with a car running it.
    Also, removing the plug while the car is running will shut the car down.

Also, removing the plug while the car is running will shut the car down.
    Yeah, I thought that was common sense.
    -Brian

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.