What mods have u failed at???
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on What mods have u failed at??? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Everybody post mods they've attempted on their car's and failed at. Give some advice if any... here are mine. Window ...

Lightbulb What mods have u failed at???

Everybody post mods they've attempted on their car's and failed at. Give some advice if any... here are mine.

Window tinting- If u are a perfectionist get it done by a pro. Very hard.

Shift light- I got this thing off ebay. Never got it to work. Dont know why till this day. Dont throw it at the wall and break it . This way you can try again some day..

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

none...

It took me 9 days to do up-pipe and exhaust, but I finally got it . So so far, none.

I Support ClubWRX
    Mods I've done? Zero. The uppipe I had professionally installed. I know the limits of my abilities.

tailight tint- I got one of those kits from Hotsuabru.com. I still don't see how even a professioanl could do it right.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

none really.

The only one I might have seen myself having a tough time with was the uppipe, but I had a buddy help me before I even attempted it alone.. I have more sense than to waste a 10 hours under a car to install a peice of metal.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

wow... that up-pipe must be a beast...

why is it so hard to install one.. i mean is it just hard to stick it in place. or do you have to remove a lot of parts before that which are crammed in there..

doesnt it cost like 300$ to get one proffesionally installed ?
    they call STi's STDs because everyone is getting them.

i had more problems with the damn shift light then i did with the upipe. go figure..

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by amukaoen

why is it so hard to install one.. i mean is it just hard to stick it in place. or do you have to remove a lot of parts before that which are crammed in there..

If I had a lift to use I probably could have done it. The car really needs to go up and down a few times to make it doable. I bought a Perrin uppipe for $300 installed at: http://www.precisiontuning.com/ They now charge $350 for the same deal.

Its mainly the location of it. You have to bang a lot of elbow's and hit your head a few times trying to move the damn thing out of there.... It is a very tedious and frustrating install.

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX
    If I had a lift to use I probably could have done it. The car really needs to go up and down a few times to make it doable. I bought a Perrin uppipe for $300 installed at: http://www.precisiontuning.com/ They now charge $350 for the same deal.
    $300 installed is a hell of a deal.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    Its mainly the location of it. You have to bang a lot of elbow's and hit your head a few times trying to move the damn thing out of there.... It is a very tedious and frustrating install.

$300 installed is a hell of a deal.
    Yep, how could I not have them do it for that much? I think $350 is still good.

Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX
    Yep, how could I not have them do it for that much? I think $350 is still good.
    Precision Tuning Rocks hard thats why.
    Uncle Lewie
    06 Aspen White STi w/ Gold BBS's

Ive been fortunate to have access to a lift, so Ive never failed at anything. This includes injector, spark plug, fuel pump, turbo swaps, pulley, etc. I just recently installed a turboback backing onto rhino ramps..that was fairly easy. I thinkt he hardest install ever was gutting the uppipe in my 04 and then installing it, even with a lift. I had to unbolt the motor mount and jack up the engine an inch or so for it to slide out.
    MY MODS
    *GET YOUR CLUBWRX KEYRING*
    http://clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54791&highlight=keychai n

Failed at TGV delete twice and finally had to pay someone to do it for me.

You can get an uppipe installed at a shop here in Southern California for $125. The Helix Uppipe installed is $275.
    You just have to find the right place that won't over-charge.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.