brrrrrr sound, where from???
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on brrrrrr sound, where from??? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have just removed the intake silencer (milkjug) and now I am getting a loud noise when I shift. It ...

brrrrrr sound, where from???

I have just removed the intake silencer (milkjug) and now I am getting a loud noise when I shift. It sounds like open/close metal brrrrrrr sound. Is this OK??????

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

lol probably not

lol a guy with 26 post is telling you probably not...dont listen to him. It is most like the stock BOV or bypass valve, whatever its called. I hear the same thing to when I shift, and let off the gas quickly. I removed my intake silencer as well.
    ericmarkpaul: i pooed myself last night while i was sleeping!

I have an aftermarket GFB BOV so I think its the bypass, sounds kind of anoying but I can live with it. I wonder if its gonna go away once I install a new intake and a dp/up?

I'm not sure about the intake because I don't have an aftermarket one. I can tell you that one of my first mods was removing the stock intake snorkel... That resulted in a LOT of turbo/BOV/BPV sounds. I actually ended up putting it back on because it started to get annoying after a while. With an aftermarket up-pipe/down-pipe, you may actually hear it more. After installing mine, I hear a lot more wastegate flutter as well as the stock BOV/BPV and turbo spool. So, I'm guessing that with the mods you mentioned, it's either not going to change, or you're going to start hearing more things from under your hood.
    -Lee

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.