Process West Verticoolers 08-14 WRX
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Process West Verticoolers 08-14 WRX within the Engine forums, part of the Vendor's Forum category; NEW PROCESS WEST VERTICOOLER TOP MOUNT INTERCOOLERS! Process West MY08-14 WRX VERTICOOLER intercooler system Taking a fresh approach formed from ...

ClubWRX.net Vendor RallySportDirect's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

Process West Verticoolers 08-14 WRX

NEW PROCESS WEST VERTICOOLER TOP MOUNT INTERCOOLERS!

Process West MY08-14 WRX VERTICOOLER intercooler system

Taking a fresh approach formed from years of motorsport and component design experience, Process West are proud to announce the new ‘Verti-Cooler’ slant mount intercooler system of the G3 series (2008-2014) WRX. Designed and engineered with rapid air-charge cooling and flow-path efficiency as the key objectives, Verti-Cooler is a revolutionary take on Subaru intercooler design that takes turbocharger cooling to a new and previously un-seen level, guaranteeing the best performance and improved engine durability.

ORIGINAL INTERCOOLING

Computer modeling and real world testing of the factory Subaru Top Mount Intercooler shows that while cooling effectively in short bursts, a lack of exit air path from the bottom side of the intercooler creates a virtual ‘traffic jam’ of hot air in the engine bay which rapidly reduces intercooler efficiency in demanding conditions. Making the stock mount intercooler larger does improve the rate at which heat-soak occurs but does little to address the critical factor of getting the heated air away from the intercooler body itself.

VERTI-COOLER ADVANTAGE

Verti-Cooler combines the advantages of a large and free-flowing Process West core (400mm flow length, 205mm stack height, 120mm thick) with a design that mounts the new intercooler at a 15 degree, near vertical angle in the engine bay. Packaged with a new hood duct design that force-feeds external airflow straight onto the intercooler fins, there is now a highly efficient air exit path courtesy of the Verti-Cooler mounting angle that flows all of this (now heated) air back down through the engine bay and out the underside of the car through the transmission tunnel for a shallow, cool, and low restriction exit-path. Compare then the near on 90 degree angle that the air must turn with the stock intercooler setup in place, and the advantages of the Process West Verti-Cooler design become clear. Verti-cooler also has the largest volume of any aftermarket intercooler for the G3 WRX with core measurements of 400mm flow length x 205mm stack height x 120mm thick

SUPPLIED

In true Process West fashion everything you need to fit the Verti-Cooler to your G3 Subaru WRX comes in a complete package, including specially formed silicon hoses, high quality constant tension hose clamps, the Verti-Cooler intercooler body, and the matching under-hood air duct/splitter. There is also an optional silicone hose for Verti-Cooler that allows for direct fitment to traditional non-stock turbochargers. At the time of order you can specify whether you want your Verti-Cooler in a satin-black finish or traditional polished.

IS VERTI-COOLER FOR ME?

When getting that race-winning edge of stronger performance for longer periods is all critical to your application then Process West Verti-Cooler has no peers in the Subaru performance market. A combination of proven Process West engineering and leading edge fresh-thinking design ensures that Verti-Cooler is the very best option for your G3 onwards Subaru WRX.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Very interesting. It is always nice to see a new product introduced for the WRX.
    2014 WR Blue Pearl WRX Limited Sedan

Hmm, looks like it firs better then the other process west. I like it
    Stinkeye member 520

I Support ClubWRX
    Well this is interesting...
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Tuned by Turn in Concepts
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

The Guy On The Couch TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    How well do these actually fit?
    I know the other style needed adjustments.
    I want a Process West. Definitely my favorite intercooler models.
    Just a little pricy.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

That is pretty cool. Wonder if they're going to make something for the GDs too, probably a bit more difficult though since each of the 3 body styles have different setups on the hood.
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread
    http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/...ps665d9b9d.jpg
    Always dirty, never scurred......

Is this cool? Sure, but it seems like it would be more prone to heat soak in this position. Why not just get a front mount? Regardless, props to PW for the innovation, I hope it turns out to be an awesome mod.

If this works as the theory behind it wants it to I'd be pretty stoked. Less lag than fmic cooler charge than tmic. I don't really want to do all the stuff necessary for a fmic
    fear is the mind killer

Saw a post on Facebook about this too. Certainly interesting and something I'll have to keep in mind, but not even close to necessary for me now.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

I Support ClubWRX
    We will be installing one of these next week. We are still ironing out the logistics so we can get data, etc.

Thanks,

Jeff

Purchased. Follow my build on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/user/SuBros760

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ssbmx90 View Post
    Awesome! Excited to see how it turns out.

Thanks,

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by RallySportDirect View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ssbmx90 View Post
    Awesome! Excited to see how it turns out.

Thanks,

Jeff
    Me too!

Here is my unboxing video of the Process West Verticooler.

http://youtu.be/y1TpOLLDXNU

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.