Stage 2 question

This is a discussion on Stage 2 question within the Engine forums, part of the Vendor's Forum category; SO I am going Stage 2 in a couple of weeks with a Nameless performance catless dowpipe and protune and ...

Stage 2 question

SO I am going Stage 2 in a couple of weeks with a Nameless performance catless dowpipe and protune and was curious about some comments that others have made regarding stage 1 and stage 2 tunes ''smoothing'' out the powerband.
    Can someone please explain this to me a little better?
    Is it referring to the jerk that I feel when my boost kicks in or something else?
    I am just curious to know what to expect here.
    Thanks and have a nice day

P.S. I am also bumping up to a 40weight oil to help combat the extra hp/heat from going stage 2. I am basically giving my warranty the finger so I want to protect myself as much as possible.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    They're not so much referring to the boost in power as the turbo spools as they are the dips in power as it does. If you look at a graphical interpretation of the power the car puts down, it is not a straight line or curve. It is a squiggly line, where the power rises and drops rapidly throughout the power band. The smoothing out people talk about is reducing those multiple abrupt increases and decreases in power as the car accelerates.

Of course a good tune will make considerably more power off boost than stock too.. so the turbo spooling up often doesn't feel as abrupt, because it's actually making more power before spooling than it was prior to the tune.

Ok thanks for the info. So is it really that noticeable in your daily driving or moreso on the dyno?

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Every time I've gone from a base map to a full tune the difference was instantly noticeable.

night to day difference

I am getting very excited, the install and tune are happening Wednesday morning

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Awesome I think you'll be able to feel the difference and know what they're talking about.