NEW! PREracing Turbo Inlet Tube
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on NEW! PREracing Turbo Inlet Tube within the Engine forums, part of the Vendor's Forum category; New PREracing exclusive Turbo Inlet Tube! available in red , blue , and black . Only 9 shipped! The factory ...

NEW! PREracing Turbo Inlet Tube

New PREracing exclusive Turbo Inlet Tube!
    available in red, blue, and black.

Only $159 shipped!

The factory inlet tube on all WRX/STi motors is very restrictive. It is made from thin walled weak plastic with corrugated couplers that greatly restrict flow. These factory tubes often leak causing serious issues with the car's mass airflow meter.

The PRE turbo inlet tube will increase power across the entire powerband and help reduce turbo spool and decrease lag time. It does this by removing the corrugation and increasing the diameter of the inlet tube so more air can get into your turbo faster.

This turbo inlet tube can be installed without the removal of the factory intake manifold but professional installation is recommended. It also won't collapse under boost like some of the other silicone inlet tubes on the market. The install is typically 1-1.5 hours by an experienced technician.

This inlet tube will work on any factory location turbo using the oem inlet size including TD04, VF39, 16g, FPgreen, etc...

~Erich
    erich@srt4fast.com
    Last edited by PREracing; 05-26-2009 at 11:23 AM.
    bobby@preracing.com
    Performance Race Engineering
    503-619-0055

preracing.com
    Follow us on Twitter
    Friend us on MySpace

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

We also have a great package deal going on right now.

GT-Spec Header & Up-pipe
    Top-Speed 4" turbo downpipe
    Professional Warrantied Installation
    Custom Pro-Tune by Bobby at PREracing
    Only $1500 out the door!

This setup on a totally stock WRX with an intake will add around 40hp to the wheels. More with an exhaust and other mods.

Thank you,
    ~Erich
    Last edited by PREracing; 05-26-2009 at 11:24 AM.
    bobby@preracing.com
    503-619-0055

preracing.com
    Follow us on Twitter
    Friend us on MySpace

nice! Great deals! Bump for PRE.
    -John
    Different Strokes
    Dirty Crew #2002
    Mods in profile.

Top Speed 4" Downpipe? - will this work w/ any exhaust?? (I have HKS Carbon TI) - any fitment issues w/ '06 WRX?

Quote Originally Posted by crazycracker View Post
    Top Speed 4" Downpipe? - will this work w/ any exhaust?? (I have HKS Carbon TI) - any fitment issues w/ '06 WRX?
    We got your e-mail and tried to reply but AOL has been blocking our e-mails to you.

While it works with any style exhaust, it mates up best to aftermarket exhaust that don't use the factory style doughnut gasket. I am not totally sure on the specifics of the HKS Carbon TI exhaust but it should work.

Fitment should be fine on the 06 WRX, it may hang down a little bit low but it is a massive downpipe. The bottom bolt where it mates to the turbo will be extremely difficult to tighten which is why we recommend professional installation.

~Erich
    bobby@preracing.com
    503-619-0055

preracing.com
    Follow us on Twitter
    Friend us on MySpace

bump
    bobby@preracing.com
    503-619-0055

preracing.com
    Follow us on Twitter
    Friend us on MySpace

another bump
    bobby@preracing.com
    503-619-0055

preracing.com
    Follow us on Twitter
    Friend us on MySpace

Hey I tried calling but did not get through. I just sent an e-mail erich@srt4fast.com Also left my number. Looking foward to your call.

Quote Originally Posted by Neurosis View Post
    Hey I tried calling but did not get through. I just sent an e-mail erich@srt4fast.com Also left my number. Looking foward to your call.
    We only have 3 lines at the moment so sometimes people have troubles getting through in the morning when the call volume is high.
    Erich Uhlman
    Performance Race Engineering - www.PREracing.com
    13339 NE Airport Way. Portland, OR 97230
    503-619-0055
    google map
    Follow Us on Twitter
    Like us on Facebook

I was actually considering getting a new inlet. I was looking at the perrin but I may consider this one. I don't like paying people to do stuff like this for me, I would much rather do it myself. How difficult is it to install, does it come with good instructions. I currently have a vf43 in my car. Also...will I need to get tuned again after I get this put on? Thanks!
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

I Support ClubWRX

What's the difference between yours and the GMS one?

Does yours offer any type of wire support to prevent collapsing like the Samco or new Perrin ones?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by lytlec View Post
    I was actually considering getting a new inlet. I was looking at the perrin but I may consider this one. I don't like paying people to do stuff like this for me, I would much rather do it myself. How difficult is it to install, does it come with good instructions. I currently have a vf43 in my car. Also...will I need to get tuned again after I get this put on? Thanks!
    There are no instructions but install is easy once you get the trick down. I should have taken pictures of the one we installed today but I didn't think to.

Removal of old inlet tube:
    1. Remove intake or air box
    2. Remove top mount intercooler
    3. Remove all hoses and connectors from stock inlet tube
    4. Remove clamp from turbo to inlet tube
    5. Remove surgevalve re-circulation hose from inlet tube
    6. Pull inlet tube out from intake manifold. use a flat-blade screw driver to pry from the back and help get inlet tube out.
    7. Pull kind of hard and it should come loose and out.

Install new inlet tube:
    1. Remove all the aluminum fittings except the one for the re-circulation hose.
    2. Clamp re-circulation hose with supplied worm clamp
    3. Position inlet tube and push hard under the intake manifold
    4. Use a flat-blade screwdriver to help guide all the nipples past obstructions
    5. Push harder
    6. Get another person to help pull as you push
    7. After pushing hard, and wiggling back and forth and cursing it will slip through
    8. Use a hook tool to get end of inlet tube around turbo
    9. Clamp inlet tube to turbo
    10. Attach re-circulation hose
    11. Insert all aluminum fittings back into inlet tube and connect all hoses to them
    12. Install intake
    13. Install top-mount intercooler

There you go.

You should be able to re-use all the factory clamps. It's not an easy install but for an experienced installer it should be no problem.
    Erich Uhlman
    503-619-0055
    google map
    Follow Us on Twitter
    Like us on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post

What's the difference between yours and the GMS one?

Does yours offer any type of wire support to prevent collapsing like the Samco or new Perrin ones?
    I'm unfamiliar with that product

We have NEVER had a customer's collapse and have sold over 100 of these. The ones that collapsed were the early BPM hoses but the new updated design is reinforced in the elbow to prevent collapse.
    Last edited by PRE-Erich; 02-02-2010 at 03:30 PM.
    Erich Uhlman
    503-619-0055
    google map
    Follow Us on Twitter
    Like us on Facebook

My experience the GMS inlet hoses appear to be of the same design of the 1st batch of BPM inlet hoses. BPM redesigned inlet tube and reinforced the 90 degree bend with a larger buildup of material to prevent collapsing from happening. Our inlet tubes are made at the same manufacturer as BPM and to the same spec as BPM. We have found that with a stock size inlet turbo we have never had any issues with collapsing and it is not needed to have wire reinforcement. On all applications using the 3" inlet we choose to use the APS hard pipe unit or the Samco piece. As far as price difference between GMS and ours I would have to point out that we have tested ours to almost 400 awhp with no failures and we are a real shop that works on cars, has a dyno, and tunes cars, not a "company" that really just a name with no real business behind it like so many ebay companies are. We have personally tested these units ourselves making sure they are going to work without problems. I would also like to point out that on earlier inlet tubes that did have collapsing issues the problem was actually traced back to a dirty restrictive filter and once said intake filter was replaced with a new nonrestrictive unit no collapsing was found, now even with a restrictive filter it will not collapse on you. Hope that helps.

thanks-
    bobby
    Last edited by PREracing; 02-02-2010 at 03:22 PM.
    bobby@preracing.com
    503-619-0055

preracing.com
    Follow us on Twitter
    Friend us on MySpace

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by PREracing
    sorry if Erich's reply has a little misinformation as he is our web guy trying to help out with online forum stuff as well and some of his response is a little off but that is because he was trying to answer the question to the best of his knowledge. I am the head fabricator/installer/tuner at PRE and in my experience the GMS inlet hoses appear to be of the same design of the 1st batch of BPM inlet hoses. As Erich stated the redesigned inlet tube from bpm reinforced the 90 degree bend with a larger buildup of material to prevent collapsing from happening. Our inlet tubes are made at the same manufacturer as BPM and to the same spec as BPM. we have found that with a stock size inlet turbo we have never had any issues with collapsing and it is not needed to have wire reinforcement. On all applications using the 3" inlet we choose to use the APS hard pipe unit or the Samco piece. As far as the statement made about the wire reinforcement wearing through the silicone Erich was misinformed and this has not been our experience with wire reinforced tubes thus far. As far as price difference between GMS and ours I would have to point out that we have tested ours to almost 400 awhp with no failures and we are a real shop that works on cars, has a dyno, and tunes cars, not a "company" that really just a name with no real business behind it like so many ebay companies are. We have personally tested these units ourselves making sure they are going to work without problems. I would also like to point out that on earlier inlet tubes that did have collapsing issues the problem was actually traced back to a dirty restrictive filter and once said intake filter was replaced with a new nonrestrictive unit no collapsing was found, now even with a restrictive filter it will not collapse on you. Hope that helps.

thanks-
    bobby
    I hope you understand I wasn't trying to derail your thread, but just saw a strong similarity. Thanks for the clarification, Bobby.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast