downpipe install instructions?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on downpipe install instructions? within the Engine Performance forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Has anyone had any experience installing a downpipe? I'm considering the HKS downpipe from TBracing.com and wondering how hard/how long ...

Question downpipe install instructions?

Has anyone had any experience installing a downpipe? I'm considering the HKS downpipe from TBracing.com and wondering how hard/how long for a novice. I'm also getting an uppipe, any reccomendations? I like the vishnu but it's kind of pricey. If anyone knows of a shop in the San Diego area that would do these installs for a reasonable price, let me know. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Judging by the lack of response time I can make the following deductions:
    1. No one who is reading this knows, or
    2. No one cares, or
    3. It's so easy that no one believes it's worth their time to answer(probably)

But SXPI in SD wants something like $240 to do it for me, so it's either time consuming, difficult, or they're trying to rip me off. Opinions?

$240 for a downpipe install? Wow. It took me ~1 1/2 hours while I was taking my time and checking everything out. Just make sure that you spray the turbo to downpipe bolts liberally with a penetrating lubricant.

Most the headache associated with exhaust intalls on a turbo car revolve around stripped nuts or snapped bolts. Just be careful and you're set.

You're going to need the car relatively high on the passenger side to get the DP out so take that into consideration.

Good luck! It's fast and fun and makes a BIG difference! (I don't have any experience with the HKS DP, but I love my TurboXS Stealthback!)
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

Try this link.

It covers the entire exhaust system. Alternately, Turboxs has install instructions on its page.

misterx

Thanks alot guys.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.