step by step PCV valve change w/ pics - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

This is a discussion on step by step PCV valve change w/ pics within the Engine Performance forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Originally Posted by Noktrnal1 Havent seen any pics of what the PCV for a 04 WRX looks like, so here ...

Quote Originally Posted by Noktrnal1 View Post
    Havent seen any pics of what the PCV for a 04 WRX looks like, so here they are for all of those out there looking for it. Its not located in the same spot. You dont even have to remove the IC to see it, just look at the gap thats right infront of the turbo. Look down in there and you'll see the PCV. Someone on here said that Subaru made this part so that it does not need to be changed out anymomre, dont know about that. Fromm my understanding they always have to be changed out on cars cause of the buildup they get after so long. Check it out, hope it helps you guys out. paid 12$ or so.

Can you give us 04 wrx owners the part numbers for this piece? Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Strider327 View Post
    Can you give us 04 wrx owners the part numbers for this piece? Thanks.
    Sorry but I looked for the part number but I couldnt find it. I just wnet up to Kearny mesa Subaru in San diego, to they're Parts Dept. and asked for the PCV for a 04 WRX.

I Support ClubWRX
    FWIW to the 06-07 owners.....went to the dealership and they had no part # for the PCV (the parts guys are good guys too I knowem). Talked to my tuner on friday and he said that they really weren't an issue on the 2.5L because the system is routed differently.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

The only problem with this PCV is that the clips used to hold it onto the hoses are permanent. So you'll need to buy soem clamps and slide them on the hoses before you install the PCV. They did make it alot harder to change it out thats for sure.
    If the PCV comes with permanent band type hose clamps, perhaps those dealership folks saying that the PCV is a non-serviceable part were correct.
    Mine: '05 PSM WRX 5MT Sport Wagon, Cobb AP
    Wife's: '05 SRR 2.5RS 5MT Sport Wagon

The Knack. It's a rare condition characterized by an extreme intuition about all things mechanical and electrical ... and utter social ineptitude.

Wrinklechops
    Havent seen any pics of what the PCV for a 04 WRX looks like, so here they are for all of those out there looking for it. Its not located in the same spot. You dont even have to remove the IC to see it, just look at the gap thats right infront of the turbo. Look down in there and you'll see the PCV. Someone on here said that Subaru made this part so that it does not need to be changed out anymomre, dont know about that. Fromm my understanding they always have to be changed out on cars cause of the buildup they get after so long. Check it out, hope it helps you guys out. paid 12$ or so.

This is great, it's the exact same as my 05... I'm trying to change it now actually, had to hop online to see if I can figure out why I'm stuck sorta... those clamp/crimp things, those are weird to me. Unlike anything else on the car really, and I don't know how they come off... because that PCV valve doesn't just screw out really lol

Quote Originally Posted by kessler89 View Post
    well i changed my pcv valve today (my car's got 35k on it) and i thought it couldn't hurt and mabye this would be where all that excess oil is comin from, here's the pics
    TOOLS needed:
    19mm wrench
    12mm wrench/socket
    10mm wrench
    flathead screwdriver
    and some patients
    Instructions are nice and pictures are excellent. A couple questions.
    1. What is the year of the WRX?
    2. This PCV valve looks different than the factory one. The factory appears to have two parts: a metal PCV valve and a plastic body with two ports.

I own a 2005 WRX with 50,000 and considering replacing the PCV valve, and clean MAF sensor/ Intake manifold/intercooler. Also, can I clean the intake manifold with the intercooler removed and run seafoam through the BOV valve hose? Any links for the things I want to do is appreciatted. thanks.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345