Perrin Pulley help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Perrin Pulley help within the Engine Performance forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; I researched and all i really found was some guy lifting the motor for a sec i was wondering if ...

Perrin Pulley help

I researched and all i really found was some guy lifting the motor for a sec i was wondering if there was any other easier way to install the perrin pulley.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Installation of a crank pulley is cake. Remove the black plastic intake piece that covers half of the radiator. Remove all drivebelts. Put the car in 5th gear with the e-brake on, and use a breaker bar to remove the crank bolt. Wiggle the old pulley off making sure you dont lose the key when you finally remove it. Coat the end of the crank with a little oil and reverse the procedure.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    Installation of a crank pulley is cake. Remove the black plastic intake piece that covers half of the radiator. Remove all drivebelts. Put the car in 5th gear with the e-brake on, and use a breaker bar to remove the crank bolt. Wiggle the old pulley off making sure you dont lose the key when you finally remove it. Coat the end of the crank with a little oil and reverse the procedure.

Yes, that works very well, it's how I did mine.

However, the part about "wiggle the old pulley off" may take you about 30 minutes, 2-3 bandaids and some knuckle skin. Maybe some radiator fins too. Not like it happened to me or anything......

Those things are on there tight!
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ryland
    Yes, that works very well, it's how I did mine.

However, the part about "wiggle the old pulley off" may take you about 30 minutes, 2-3 bandaids and some knuckle skin. Maybe some radiator fins too. Not like it happened to me or anything......

Those things are on there tight!
    I was very fortunate with mine

how do you guys like your pulley's im contemplating getting one
    04 black evo!!!!
    Car How To

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyBoy2
    how do you guys like your pulley's im contemplating getting one
    I love it

did you guys go with the Perrin or someone elses, cus AEM has one but it is underdriven, so I am afraid of charging, but then they have a kit to with all new pulleys, but I dont know anything about that...
    04 Java Black Pearl - Sleek Eye

All you see is my license plate... SCOOBY-X

Quote Originally Posted by GOD The Almighty
    Patrick, you are a complete accident

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by scooby-x
    did you guys go with the Perrin or someone elses, cus AEM has one but it is underdriven, so I am afraid of charging, but then they have a kit to with all new pulleys, but I dont know anything about that...
    I don't have any personal experience with the underdrives, but I've heard of the charging problems associated with them.

Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    Heres a newb question (sorry) what does the perrin pulley do in cases of hp or increased performance?
    Uncle Lewie
    06 Aspen White STi w/ Gold BBS's

I didn't notice any power gain when I got my Perrin.

I know the pulley won't mess up the charging part, but what about the timing or anything related to performance? That's what my concern is, do you guys have remap your ECU in order to work with it properly.

The function of a lighter pulley releaves the load on the motor. It doesn't really gain power directly but allows it to put the existing hpt to use. Which offers a more responsive and smooth engine performence.
    HKW

Have and/or do you guys noticed any wobbling. I have a Perrin but now I noticed that my 22 mm bolt wobbles quite a bit. For those who have the stock crank pulley still on, does it wobble? Any suggestions to the problem? Or is it a problem at all.

I haven't noticed mine wobbling, but I will check it now to see. I have never had a noticeable problem with it ever.
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

is it a pretty noticeable difference?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast