Perrin Pulley help - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Perrin Pulley help within the Engine Performance forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Originally Posted by fokai is it a pretty noticeable difference? Fofai..... what are you saying? Does your 22mm bolt wobbles ...

Quote Originally Posted by fokai
    is it a pretty noticeable difference?
    Fofai..... what are you saying? Does your 22mm bolt wobbles too?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

no, i was just trying to get more opinions on the pulley. I'm thinking about getting one, most people say they like it... my brother bought his wrx with one installed on it, and it seems to drive pretty smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxyang
    Have and/or do you guys noticed any wobbling. I have a Perrin but now I noticed that my 22 mm bolt wobbles quite a bit. For those who have the stock crank pulley still on, does it wobble? Any suggestions to the problem? Or is it a problem at all.
    OK, this thread is kind of old so my answer may not be relevant anymore, BUT...

I have a Perrin and have had no problems with it. If I were you, I would double check a few things:

1) Make sure your pulley is on the right way. If the little notch in it didn't get lined up correctly when you were putting it on, I would definitely expect the pulley to wobble.

2) Make sure the pulley is tightened down properly. My Perrin instructions said to tighten it to 90 ft/lbs, but the service manuals said 94. I went with 90, since it was the Perrin part I was putting on, but if you're having problems I can't see it hurting anything to go up to 94. It's a small difference on a part that should be pretty strong.

3) Make sure your belts are all properly tightened. That wouldn't cause the pulley to wobble, but the belts would wobble if they're too loose, and will cause many of the same problems. Can't remember the specs on tightening them offhand.
    Russell Newquist
    http://www.russellnewquist.net/

Kartboy Shifter Bushings (front)
    Samco Intercooler Hoses
    Samco Radiator Hoses
    Samco Ancillary Hoses
    Perrin Lighweight Crankshaft Pulley
    Dynamatted Doors & Trunk
    Hawk HPS Brake Pads
    Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Tires

Sorry... I misread and thought you said the pulley was wobbling. If your belt is wobbling, it's almost certainly just loose. Try tightening it up and you should be fine.
    Russell Newquist
    http://www.russellnewquist.net/

Kartboy Shifter Bushings (front)
    Samco Intercooler Hoses
    Samco Radiator Hoses
    Samco Ancillary Hoses
    Perrin Lighweight Crankshaft Pulley
    Dynamatted Doors & Trunk
    Hawk HPS Brake Pads
    Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Tires

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Rex
    Sorry... I misread and thought you said the pulley was wobbling. If your belt is wobbling, it's almost certainly just loose. Try tightening it up and you should be fine.
    It's been quite some time since I brought this up. Anyway, I haven't had any problems thus far. My belts are tight and I'm certain my pulley is rotating just fine. For some odd reason, the bolt that attaches the pulley to the crank is still off centered. I'm not going to beat this to death. I was just curious if anyone else had this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxyang
    It's been quite some time since I brought this up. Anyway, I haven't had any problems thus far. My belts are tight and I'm certain my pulley is rotating just fine. For some odd reason, the bolt that attaches the pulley to the crank is still off centered. I'm not going to beat this to death. I was just curious if anyone else had this issue.
    anyone?
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

"Understeer is when you´re scared...
    Oversteer is when your passengers are scared"

All of my belts are fine, but I remember wrestling with them in the first place to get them in the proper placing. After everything was tight, it has been fine.
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

my crank pully and bolt wobbles too...... any help? its on tight, just wobbling

Make sure the slotted key bolt thing went back into the slot. I had to wrestle with mine to get it to click back in.
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

that would make the whole bolt in the middle wobble 2 it seems like it is off center, right now i have stock pullys

i have had my pulley on since december and i have not had any problems. i followed all the instructions i found on scoobymods (my pulley was made by agency power, but i don't think it matters).
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

"Understeer is when you´re scared...
    Oversteer is when your passengers are scared"

im looking into getting the pulley also and when researching they actually have a install video i found on a website sory i forgot the website but im sure if the google it you will find how to install the pulley if anyone has any problems or jsut dont know how to install the pulley

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.