Just installed Bosal Twin, slight leak at DP
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Just installed Bosal Twin, slight leak at DP within the Engine Performance forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Hi, I need some quick help from all of you that have changed your own exhaust. I just installed my ...

Just installed Bosal Twin, slight leak at DP

Hi,

I need some quick help from all of you that have changed your own exhaust.

I just installed my bosal twin tip catback. I started it up and I've got a small air leak where the catback bolts up to the DP. it's not bad, but it's there. Is this going to be a problem? either now or down the road?

btw, it sounds nice, not too loud. but I've got all the cats in place. I'll post some before and after sound clips when I get them loaded.

Joel
    Street-2000 BRP Impreza 2.5RS Sedan
    Snow-04 Nitro Voltage 158/06 Burton Custom Bindings/04 Vans Fargo Boots
    Photo-Canon 20d and some lenses
    Tech-Apple iBook G4

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jojotherider
    Hi,

I need some quick help from all of you that have changed your own exhaust.

I just installed my bosal twin tip catback. I started it up and I've got a small air leak where the catback bolts up to the DP. it's not bad, but it's there. Is this going to be a problem? either now or down the road?

btw, it sounds nice, not too loud. but I've got all the cats in place. I'll post some before and after sound clips when I get them loaded.

Joel

There should be no leaks, especially from a bosal, that is the stock peice on the 2005 now, with a single tip from SPT. Did you need a new gasket there? The goofy looking peice of lead? Did you remember to put that back on? But yeah an exhaust leak just gets worse as it works its way out... so take it off and put it back on, make sure all lined up, gasket in place, and tighten down all the way, even though those springs dont seem like you should, tighten as much as you can, use the stock bolts if possible too!!!
    04 Java Black Pearl - Sleek Eye

All you see is my license plate... SCOOBY-X

Quote Originally Posted by GOD The Almighty
    Patrick, you are a complete accident

thanks for the quick response. going back under as soon as I finish lunch.

sooo much fun.

joel
    Tech-Apple iBook G4

alrighty, so I tightened her down and got the leak taken care of. I'll check it a few times this week and see if we're all good. Those stoopid spring bolts. Why do they have the springs anyway?

joel
    Tech-Apple iBook G4

You ever seen under the hood as an engine revs up and down? It moves back and forth right? So if your engine moves and the metal tubing that comes off of it is bolted to the chassis, it would prob crack, so it just allows for a little movement if it needs it, nissan throws some of theirs all the way to the axle back... that is weird. That is also why there is that peice of lead used as the gasket, it is soft and allows for some movement. But thats good that you got it fixed and I am glad I could help, now if I ever get my new RS-r downpipe, I can go play under the car too!!! At the BF Goodrich test drive thingy at the Atlantic City SEMA the STi's had that Bosal Exhaust on them all, it was a nice mellow tone, not really loud, is that about what yours is, or something different, cus those were all single tips.

I'm gonna write up a review with before and after sound clips. I'll post a link here once I've done it. I have to re-record the after sound clip, it wasn't very good because the recorder was too close to the car.

I have another question about those spring bolts. The springs are completely compressed. It won't have any room to travel. If I loosen it, I'm back to the leak. Think that'll be a problem?

Joel
    Tech-Apple iBook G4

Hmmmmmmm... If it aint broke dont fix it

i just used regular bolt on mine, those spring ones wouldnt doing thier job right anyways. i need to check tightness on mine soon.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.