Crank Pully Install? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Crank Pully Install? within the Engine Performance forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; how the hell do i get a sick chewing animal avatar!...

how the hell do i get a sick chewing animal avatar!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm just posting this for future reference,but I just installed the cobb light weight pulley. This forum helped a bit but left out a bit. Tools I used were 1/2" drive breaker bar I believe it was the 24". Strap wrench 22mm socket, and a trust worthy friend. To remove I used the engine bump method. First I removed both accessory belts, and the plastic air scoop (not sure what its n once allame is)so once all that is out the way put the breaker bar on the bolt for the pulley, make sure you or your friend is strong because the engine will take you fort a ride if you don't hold that breaker bar in place. As a side note don't lean on any hoses for your power steering if you happen to do this,youll end up needing to flush the system later. So now, you or your friend needs to bump the engine. Ifsuccessful the bolt will be loose take it the rest of the way by hand. I had to bump the engine twice. To put the new one in place the pulley in position, hand tighten the bolt. Now get your strap wrench, wrap it around the new pulley and you can use the alternator pulley for resistance. Have you or your friend hold the strap wrench in place, as so it will not come free from where it is now wedged and the other tighten the bolt. I did not torque it to specs as I do not have a torque wrench. After you test drive you may want to retighten this bolt. The heating and cooling process may loosen it a bit. I am no mechanic but this worked for me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.