Has anyone considered or attempted to install the uppipe by removing the turbo and uppipe (as one piece) from the top of the engine, then removing the old uppipe, and bolting on the new uppipe to the turbo (which is still out of the car), then dropping the turbo and uppipe back into the car? Another words, almost everything would be done from under the hood, not under the car.
I was just thinking that it would be possible to:
1. remove the IC (if needed)
2. unbolt the turbo and lower bolts of the uppipe
3. pull the turbo/uppipe assembly out
4. attach new uppipe to turbo
5. reinstall turbo/new uppipe assembly
6. bolt up the bottom of uppipe
7. reinstall IC
Of course, I have never done a uppipe install, so I am sure I am leaving some stuff out.... This just sounds easier to me than the traditional instructions posted on various WRX websites....