Just received my Stromung axleback
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Just received my Stromung axleback within the Engine Performance forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; I have a 2005 WRX wagon with 1100 miles on it. I need to know how do I install it? ...

Just received my Stromung axleback

I have a 2005 WRX wagon with 1100 miles on it. I need to know how do I install it? I 've planned out the install and I just have a few questions.

1. Do I need to raise the car? I can fit under the car without a problem. I dont have ramps or jackstands. Im thinking that it isnt necessary.

2.How do I get the hangers off? Do they just pry off? Do I pry them off of the stock exhaust hanger or off of the hangers mounted to the frame of the car.

3. Should I use the stock gasket that is currently on the car or should I use the new one that I got from stromung. Also I got new bolts from Stromung. Im taking for granted that I need to use them.

Thanks in advance for the help..

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice choice on the exhaust. As far as installalation goes, its an easy task. I also installed a stromung cat back on my car. It took me and a friend about 20 minutes. Make sure you take the time to safely jack up the rear of the car. You can pick up a jack and stands for like 40.00 at pepboys and other similar places. Their sh*tty but I still trust them. It definitely makes life allot easier if you plan on working on the car. If you have a hard time with the hangers use a little dish washing soap. They will slide off the car.

thanks f1 for the dish soap tip..so you took the hangers off the car and not the stock exhaust. Im going to try this today after work. hopefully it doesnt get dark on me.

any other tips?

good luck, if u just got ur car the gasket is probly good, if u want u can use the new one they gave u.
    05' WRB STI
    MODS

Go raibh tú leathuair ar Neamh
    sula bhfuil a fhios ag an diabhal go bhfuil tú marbh

May you be a half-hour in Heaven before the devil knows that you're dead.

most people will tell u to just use the new one to make sure their is no leak.
    05' WRB STI
    MODS

Go raibh tú leathuair ar Neamh
    sula bhfuil a fhios ag an diabhal go bhfuil tú marbh

May you be a half-hour in Heaven before the devil knows that you're dead.

does anyone have a sound clip of this, i am going nuts over which exhaust i want on my car, I want a deep boxer sound not too loud but definatley louder then the stocker and be louder when you get on it
    MY LUG NUTS NEED MORE TORQUE THAN YOUR HONDA MAKES!!!!

Cobb Stg 2 helix up/dp combo
    Kartboy short shifter

WRX05 :
    Congrats!
    2.5" or 3"?
    www.spdusa.com suggests use 2.5".
    I might get 2.5" for my 04 WRX.

Happy raving!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.