What are the free mods??Help!!

This is a discussion on What are the free mods??Help!! within the Engine Performance forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; YEa i know theres alot of these threads, but im too lazy to be looking for them so if u ...

What are the free mods??Help!!

YEa i know theres alot of these threads, but im too lazy to be looking for them so if u can please help out a buddy.
    What are the many mods i can do to a WRX?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

SEARCH!!!!111!!1!!!!11!!one!!1 n00b!!

jk

um as far as I know the only free mod on a wrx is a intake silencer delete. that takes about 15 min. (more if you have fog lights)

:edit: oh and you can do the headlight bake but thats for looks and cost like $15 for the paint and sealant.

PS. Welcome to the board.
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by svc
    Fvk the elves, it's bling season

Sponsored by: BoostBuddy.com

oh ok cuz im just helping out a friendof mine and i did that bypass thingy close to the throttle body, took off the bottom air box and that lil ram air thing that goes on the top of the engine right when u open the hood. And i also learned about that ecu ressetting. Thats all his car has and a turbo xs bov. But he wants to know more about the free power so he can then order everything else.

dude, not to flame you or your friend, but shouldn't your friend be doing the homework for himself? i mean, that's nice that you're helping him and all, but when it boils down to, it's still his car and he should be the one doing the homework

as far as 'free' mods go, do a search on 3/16" mod. it will only cost you about 1.95 or so, from your local auto store.

Originally posted by Banner
    oh ok cuz im just helping out a friendof mine and i did that bypass thingy close to the throttle body, took off the bottom air box and that lil ram air thing that goes on the top of the engine right when u open the hood. And i also learned about that ecu ressetting. Thats all his car has and a turbo xs bov. But he wants to know more about the free power so he can then order everything else.

you could gut your pipes.... up, down, mid.... but it takes a long time, plus i dont know if you or your friend is experienced enough to remove all the components, but it is something to think about

chile

Another very nice free mod is shortening the arm on the wastegate so that you got mor boost more often. I sorta figured this in my head...Subary advertizes 227Hp but in reality that is not true, they detune the car so that people don't kill themselves too often, its like that with all cars, but here with the turbo its just easier to do it. So what do they do?? they decrease the amout of boost and you got a tame car. Now the trick is to unleash that power back in and the way to do it is this;

The turbo has a heat shield ontop of it, remove that and you will expose the arm that leads to the wastegate, there is a C clip which you need to remove and loosen the screw infront, then give it a twist from left to right as if you screwing a regular nut on the bolt. THat will shoten the arm and prevent the gate to close as much giving you more boost and more POWER. I won't go into deatils because they are out there just do a search on it in the engine performance forum. One more thing. The only time anyone should attempt this is if they have a boost gauge and see that they are not reaching the 13.5 lbs stock or 14.8 for Cobb stage 1. I only stumbled on it when i searched to see why i was only boosting up to 12 sometimes 13 but not often. I know that they advertize 14.8 so I was wondering where all that lost boost was. When i did this the boost immediatly jumped to 13.5 constantly and went as high as 14.8 on occasion. I gave 2 full turns on mine and will keep it there becasue its where i need to be. So far i get no spikes like some people reported, but even still spikes only become damaging when they go past 16 lbs, but you should all know that by now. After i did this the car pulls like a swarm of bees was chasing it, its awesome. In the begining the car feels fast but it soon becomes apparent that you need to go faster, so if you just got your car I would wait untill you get bored with the acceleration that it has, if you start to feel like its getting slow then doit and you will feel the fun of it again. Ok thats the End wow that was long, Sorry
    MY LUG NUTS NEED MORE TORQUE THAN YOUR HONDA MAKES!!!!

Cobb Stg 2 helix up/dp combo
    Kartboy short shifter

http://projectwrx.com/modules.php?na...tegories&cid=1

i found this website very suficent........ DIY Mods

take your stock axle back off, it will unlock the beautiful boxer rumble and will free up a few ponies in higher rpms

Doing that you lose bottem end torque.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Well, hello 2004.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Lol... but I also can't believe how stupidly innacurrate that WGA arm post was...
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Whoa I didn't even check the date I was simply browsing.

Water cooled intake ftw.

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Lol... but I also can't believe how stupidly innacurrate that WGA arm post was...
    Yeah man, keeping that wastegate from closing really helps build boost. I couldn't figure out what in the world that other post was about.

There were a lot of good pioneers around on the forum back then.

This thread can go down to the depths and never come back though.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb