Fuel Pressure regulator/RRFPR install?

This is a discussion on Fuel Pressure regulator/RRFPR install? within the Engine Performance forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; I did a search and didn't find anything about installing a FPR ANyone did a write up on installing a ...

Fuel Pressure regulator/RRFPR install?

I did a search and didn't find anything about installing a FPR

ANyone did a write up on installing a fuel pressure regulator. I kinda have an idea but I want to see if there are any info out there that I can actually take a look at and verify my methods.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

anyone???? no one knows or have info????

what are you asking? your car already has one! Are you putting on an adjustible fuel reg.? Are you wanting to go to twin regulators? Why do you think you need to change? Do you have a fuel pressure guage? I have tried two regulators, and a single adj. reg. You can get more out of any one injector by raising the static, or base fuel pressure. I do a lot of drag racing. What are you doing? What type of scanning tools are you using? If you don't know what you are doing, then buy some books! A fuel pressure reg. is easier to change than spark plugs! Just nutz and boltz! but tuning is a whole nuther story!

scott

I am trying to add an adjustable FPR. I am using UTEC and I want to see if I can increase the pressure to reduce IDC%. I know how to TUNE also. I will also be throwing in a FUEL PUMP. And YES I "KNOW" the WRX has a FPR and I know WHERE it is. Don't have to be so offensive

I worked on HONDA's before and I know how to install a FPR on that as I've been fiddling with those for a while and have done drag racing and played with Nitrous for many years. This is my first WRX and I just want to make sure the concept of the FPR install is still the same.

Geez.. I just wrote a simple question and you jump all over me for that..

How did u even come across this thread, its already 2 weeks old and must be sitting way back in the pack already.. were YOU also searching on FPR info????

no, just found it. don't worry too much about your duration of inj. look at egt, and knock first. The subaru computer is just trying to keep it on the rich side to be safe. lean is mean! Tuning with an adj. reg is good. I run one with a fuel pump voltage booster. Up to 26volts can be dialed in, in relation to boost. Just watch your fuel guage to verify that boost and fuel go up in pressure at 1:1. I run over 30psi with nitrous, and saw my fuel pressure did not stay at 72psi at full boost, it dropped a little, so I added more voltage.
    0 boost/42psi fuel is the starting point. If you change static pressure, then just make sure it goes up all the way with boost (1:1), and holds steady, not falling

Have you ditched the crappy stock fuel rails? They are the first weakest link!!
    Sorry for being sarcastic, I'm just that way.

scott

I would love to get my hands on a set of fuel rail, but i don't have the fundings yet (as i've already spent quite a bit of $$ on other stuff for the car already e.g. Uppie/dp, Teins, Utec, WB kit, EBC) I'll just have to take it one step at a time. As of now, i'll settle with a FPR & pump first. I'll get rails when I have $$ to upgrade the injectors & turbo. For now I feel that the stock rail is sufficient for the stock turbo.

But anyways.. so anyone have pictures of their FPR installed (b4&afters?).

so u ran Nitrous on your WRX?? how many shot. Are you running single or Direct port (Wet of course). I would like to run a single shot of 30 or 50. But not sure what "jet" size to use. I have the NOS nitrous kit. Also, where did you put the fogger at. Just like on hondas, about a few inches away from the throttle body / after the intercooler?

So two questions here on this thread now. Anyone know or have pictures of the FPR installed (b4 & after) and NOS jet size.
    Last edited by frisco-wrx-dude; 07-23-2004 at 07:08 AM.

i have a methanol injector, and a no2 nozzle in my intercooler, My subaru is very much a superu, for the drag strip only. I go through a couple motors each year!

Make sure you get fuel before the fpr, not on the return line. Follow manufacture instructions for fuel inj cars.

Have fun!

I need to change mine also! Any one got the 411 on it??