Intake Silencer Removal Reference Pics! - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Intake Silencer Removal Reference Pics! within the Engine Performance forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; You can try Scoobymods or Scoobytech for them......

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    You can try Scoobymods or Scoobytech for them...
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by junaitari
    And to think, I put mine back in because I thought I lost some throttle response....

Of course that could have been because of the huge wad of foam tape that got sucked into my airbox..

I may take it out again and hack it.

Thanks for the pics Verdgo!!

Thanks for the other info Supermarkus and Pace!!

BTW: How much is a new silencer? Anyone know?
    New silencer is like 60 buck i think. Ill look it up tonight
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||_____
    |.........Beer................| ||.....'|";\,___.
    |_...__...______...__..._|_||_|__|__..._|
    ..(@).(@)........(@) (@)................(@)............

This is what I did to the resonator. You will need ram air piece as it directs pressurized cool air into the intake box while car is running. With this mod, it should pull more cool air from fender area into the intake box.

just did this mod it's really easy, got a CEL disconnected the neg terminal to the battery and pumpen the brakes, CEL gone 15 mins a 10mm socket a flat tip screwdriver and it's too easy. now should I do the 3/16ths mod?
    Infantry leads the way

I did this mod. I got a CEL the next day. I am going to disconnect the Battery. My car is shaking more at idle. Is that a problem or will that go away? Please help guys!

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    make sure you didn't bump a vacuum line off (it's easy to do poking around under the hood)- this mod shouldn't cause a cel.
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

pics are down.
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!
    I have 5 infraction points. What do you have?

I guess this thread is old and pics from the orginal thread are lost. I made a walkthrough with lots of pics for this here:

Elbow Delete

i just did mine. i had to melt a piece from the actual silencer on the whole i cut. took me a while but i got the job done
    06 WRX

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Here's some pics for reference...I actually did this myself! I feel so proud!

First off, Ivan chopped off the very bottom of my intake silencer before, but we didn't remove it. Here's what it looks like when you're under your car looking up at it. Notice how Ivan had just cut the bottom of the plastic box off. On the left is the bolt in the fender well that holds the intake silencer in place. There's one more bolt in your engine bay, but otherwise, that's it.

After finally getting it out, here's what it looks like.

And here's what we did to it...Shinigami did most of the cutting with a hacksaw since he's got the muscle. I decided to just cut the big ugly kidney bottom part off, then reinstalled the top part so that the snorkle and airbox still had something to connect to.

it might just be my computer but it hasnt shown any of your pictures. not even on ur thread about the unichip. lol. i have an aftermarket K&N short ram intake. i dont think it comes with a silencer but i wanna make sure? do you know if aftermarket ones come with silencers?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.