STi intercooler sprayer - Page 8
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

This is a discussion on STi intercooler sprayer within the Engine Performance forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; I think you have some sort of lighting leads reversed or something, it seems like the I/C should remain lit ...

I think you have some sort of lighting leads reversed or something, it seems like the I/C should remain lit and 'water spray' only light up while pressing it, but IDK for sure since i don't even have the switch lmao. I also have a few mods to post on the site but don't have permission :-(.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Oop,s I thought I was posting on scoobymods and somehow had permission on this thread lol. No wonder, it is my favorite forum... ClubWRX!!!

Back from the dead, i command this thread

Guys i'm at a dead end here. I have an 05 WRX sedan and have bought the STI switch and STI I/C bottle pump sensor setup.
    i followed Peaty's instructions on scoobymods just to get the STI switch hooked up and i would later come back to it and do the pump.
    http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3642

i also found somewhere else to connect pin 3 (+ switched power) to a Ylw/Red wire under the dash (fused no 4), which is the cigarette lighter.
    now i come inside and i'm reading all of these posts for the first time and i feel like i screwed up already. my light illuminates and dims with no problem.
    here is where i'm confused:
    would it be possible to make connections from the blue/black harness plug under the hood to my pos switched power pin inside.. then just connect- the negative wire on the pump to the groun on the switch (pin 5 ) ?

also there are four wires in the harness of the STI bottle, i'm guess two belong to the level sensor. so what two are positive and negative? the two leading to the pump are Pink w/red spots, and Black w/red spots.

and lastly is anyone running these wires with inline fuses?
    thanks

okay here is another bump.
    i ran wires from my trunk where i had the sti tank. the positive wire goes to the cigar lighter fuse (no 4) wire (yellow/red) behind the kick panel. the ground wire goes to the manual switch pos power. nothing happens.

i even wedged the button held down and went to the back, the pump doesen't even sound like it's working.

should i go off of the battery? i really don't want to cause i know it looks ghetto. but wtf, is my switch or pump broke?

Quote Originally Posted by o2sys
    Questiong for those who did this mod, and used the OEM STi switch for this....when u turn on the interior lights...do the entire button light up?

Mine only the part that says Water Sprayer lights up and I/C stays off at night....did i miss something or is this the way it is suppose to be?
    Just finished mine and its the same way? So is everyone elses... Oh well.

yeah mine is the same. i got mine working by the way though. i used an old switch and took it apart. there are two little light holders, but only the blue one has a light in it. i wonder if i put a light in the red holder what would happen. i imagine that this would only be useful if someone had one saying AUTO I/C WATER SPRAY on the front. next project...wiring an sti hid setup

Edit: Ok so I was able to source a whole STi setup(Tank, pump, hoses, sprayer, and nozzle) for really cheap ($30) from a local guy. How do I go about wiring this up?
    Last edited by PolarisSnT; 03-21-2006 at 03:43 PM.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

I just installed the STi setup and it does not work. I ran the wires from the pump in the trunk to the switch and the yellow/black wire under the hood. I hit the button and nothign happens. I switched the wires at the pump and nothing happens.

Here is what I did. Since I could not source the spade connectors for the back of the switch I decided to use the plug that was there for my heated windshield. I do not use this feature so I figured it already had the grounds and the illumination tapped. So I cut the wire where the manual trigger would be and spliced into it, the ground wire for the pump. Nothing happens when depress the switch. The switch lights up but the pump does not work. Any thoughts?
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

Ok I fixed it.

As I stated above I used my existing wiring harness for my heated windshield. This contained 6 wires. the 4 needed to do this and 2 wires that I do now know what they do. What I did was I cut the 2 wires that were not needed and left them hanging. I left the illumination wire and illumination ground intact and in the harness. The secodn ground that was in the harness was wired into the blank spot on the IC switch so to fix the problem of not having a ground. I took one of the cut wires and ran it to a bolt. Everything works perfect.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Pictures- for us electrically challenged folks
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

My camera is busted so Ill see if I can borrow my girlfriends one day. Its basically the same thing as if you use the spade connectors just you are using the plug. Since the switch for the heated windshield was already wired up the illumination(purple) and illumination ground(black wire right nest to it) were already wired up. I left those alone. The second ground wire (in the bottom right using Big Sky's diagram) is wired up to a bolt under the dash. The manual trigger line stays the same.

Once I figured out the orientation and where the wires needed to run it was simple.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

for those of you looking for a bit more control or "set it and forget it" type operation, Cusco now makes a digital spray controller that allows you to adjust spray time, delay between sprays (in 1 second increments), and even an RPM trip switch. Its not cheap, but its useful. Street price is ~$150.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sky WRX
    I think it would work (think), but I envision using mine when I don't want to hit my windshield w/ anything. What might be "better" is run a line to the sprayer pump that is already hooked up. Everyday driving leave it as is. On days you know you will need the sprayer- hook up the other line (pull off the windshield line) and use your oem stalk to operate it. When your done, switch it back.

Would be easy enough to try.

Big Sky
    yeah, i was thinking about it too but then i came to the conclusion that everytime i'll spray my IC the wipers will "wave" to me so i gave up on this idea. I bought the STi switch + used Wagon washer tank, will buy some noozles and hose and i'll do it on Saturday. Will let you know how it went.
    So basically, sedans also have this additional plug for the pump in the engine bay, and that wire under the dash that "ends nowhere" since it's not a wagon?
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

Can anyone point me in the right direction where I can buy the dual resevoir bottle. I am looking to do this mod to me rex. I want to utilize the dual resevoir bottle, OEM STI switch and nozzles. any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 06-wrx
    Can anyone point me in the right direction where I can buy the dual resevoir bottle. I am looking to do this mod to me rex. I want to utilize the dual resevoir bottle, OEM STI switch and nozzles. any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    they're not dual resevior....just dual pump. you can probably install the second pump on your existing resevoir...take a look at it, you should see a space for it.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.