STi intercooler sprayer - Page 7
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

This is a discussion on STi intercooler sprayer within the Engine Performance forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Originally Posted by Big Sky WRX I just found out from another fellow who did this last night, there is ...

Still stumped

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sky WRX
    I just found out from another fellow who did this last night, there is evidently a much easier way- the white/green wire has power- you can leave it be, the black blue you can leave be at the plug in as well. No need to cut at the plug in at all!

No need to run a wire into the cabin either. What you'll have to do is pull the front piece off the steering column and near the ignition you'll find the blue/black (same one as at the plug end), cut this wire and expose ~ 18" or so to reach the switch. Put a connector on the end of this and put it on at the manual trigger.

The illumnation/ground remains the same.

This makes things quite a bit easier.

Big Sky
    I think I found the blue/black wire near the ignition, I've cut it, extended it and have tried hooking it up to the switch I bought at Autozone but nothing happens.

Is the switch not triggering the pump because I don't have the switch grounded or something? I put a connector at the end of the blue/black wire and it connects to the switch nicely but nothing happens. Do I need to complete the circuit somewhere somehow?

I really don't know much about electrical systems but I'm gonna get this done one way or another.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Dude I wish I could help but I just ran two new wires from my switch to the pump motor.

Just ground the neg side of the washer motor and get power throught the switch to the pos. side of it. A volt/ohm meter would be really handy though.

Bump anyway. Hope it works out.

Later, T.J.
    200,000 mile club.

Old Irish adage: "Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege."

Question

after all this what do you guys fill the tank again with? regular H2O or the washer fluid or wat?
    LiFe Is ToOoOo ShOrT

also does for those who are using the OEM STi nozzle where did u mount them any pics?
    LiFe Is ToOoOo ShOrT

Quote Originally Posted by o2sys
    after all this what do you guys fill the tank again with? regular H2O or the washer fluid or wat?

I use the "winter formula" window washer fluid. It has better cooling properties than water. Plus since it shares the washer bottle w/ my window nozzles, it cleans my window pretty well too.

Disclaimer: The bottle that the winter formula comes in says its flamable. I think they use alcohol to give it anti-freeze properties. Thats why it evaporates and cools better. I couldn't get it to burn by itself though.

Later, T.J.
    200,000 mile club.

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    If you have a STi splitter it will have either one hole or two- the nozzle simply clips into the hole(s).
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

got everthing working...now just stumped on how to mount the nozzles.....i got the OEM STi nozzles bye the way....
    LiFe Is ToOoOo ShOrT

Got everything up and working in about 30min thanks to this thread. Great info guys!

I Support ClubWRX
    got everthing working...now just stumped on how to mount the nozzles.....i got the OEM STi nozzles bye the way....
    Do you have a STi splitter (you should)? They just twist in the provided hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sky WRX
    Do you have a STi splitter (you should)? They just twist in the provided hole.
    No, just my stock splitter....does anyone have a pic of the STi splitter and the position of the wholes?
    LiFe Is ToOoOo ShOrT

I Support ClubWRX
    sorry don't have mine anymore. The usdm ones come w/ two nozzles, the one I had was a RA one (it was lauminum) and only had one nozzle. I looked and I don't have a pic of where the nozzle was located.

Question

BACK FROM THE DEAD...OK im gonna do this today. Im still abit confused about the wiring. So i put the pump in. There is another plug just hangin there.. do i use that one for the new pump or do i splice into the other pump for power. What about the wire that goes into the cabin? Does this hook up to the positive on the new pump ?? Sorry i am slow. Help!

Quote Originally Posted by flabele
    BACK FROM THE DEAD...OK im gonna do this today. Im still abit confused about the wiring. So i put the pump in. There is another plug just hangin there.. do i use that one for the new pump or do i splice into the other pump for power. What about the wire that goes into the cabin? Does this hook up to the positive on the new pump ?? Sorry i am slow. Help!

Run power to one side of the switch from something behind the dash. Make sure it is acc power, not power that is on when the ignition is off. An ohm meter would help for this part (and a friend who is familiar w/ it's use if you are not).

Then run a wire from the switch, into the engine bay to the pos. side of the pump. There is a grommet in the passenger side of the firewall that is pretty easy to get a wire through.

Then run a wire from the neg. side of the pump to ground.

You can buy black "wire loom" from G.I. Joe's or Fred Meyer's to cover up the new wire and make it look neat.

Hope this helps, T.J.
    200,000 mile club.

Questiong for those who did this mod, and used the OEM STi switch for this....when u turn on the interior lights...do the entire button light up?

Mine only the part that says Water Sprayer lights up and I/C stays off at night....did i miss something or is this the way it is suppose to be?
    LiFe Is ToOoOo ShOrT

Thumbs up

Questiong for those who did this mod, and used the OEM STi switch for this....when u turn on the interior lights...do the entire button light up?

Mine only the part that says Water Sprayer lights up and I/C stays off at night....did i miss something or is this the way it is suppose to be?

Just did mine today. ANd its the same way...I guess its supposed to be like that...