STi intercooler sprayer - Page 4
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

This is a discussion on STi intercooler sprayer within the Engine Performance forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Originally posted by BIGRYE Where can I find the Spec C STI intercooler resevoir? Man, I've been searching for like ...

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by BIGRYE
    Where can I find the Spec C STI intercooler resevoir? Man, I've been searching for like 2 hours now. Damn internet sucks can't find **** anymore. If anyone knows please help me? Thanks, RYAN
    http://www.rallispec.com/

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Whew thanks man I appreciate it. The reason why I want the larger tank is because I also plan on having a Water Injection Kit. I'm sure they could tap into the reservoir of the 12 L tank. So that way I could the Water Injection with also the FMIC sprayer at all times. Well at least the majority of the times. Once again thanks man. RYAN
    BIGGER IS BETTER!

Switch N Rear Wiper

I just hooked up IC Switch everything works fine except the rear wiper on my wagon goes on also. I know i can disconnect it but thats to easy. I would like to be able to keep the rear wiper. Anybody know how i can use the IC switch and then somehow have use of my rear wiper...possibly a relay switch inline?

Buy the STI switch.

Originally posted by BlkWRXWag
    Buy the STI switch.
    And you wanted some cheapo toggle you would be kicking yourself if you didn't go for the STi switch.

Originally posted by PKer
    And you wanted some cheapo toggle you would be kicking yourself if you didn't go for the STi switch.
    Very true - PKer persuaded me the STI switch was the way to go and he was right although it pains me to admit it

I have the STI Switch. How can i wire so im able to use the Rear Wiper seperatley from the IC sprayer?

just wondering if anyone knows where to get the sti rear trim panel inexepensive to cover the sti i/c bottle?

and if the wiring harness is a available where to get that?

thanks

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by wrxpacman
    just wondering if anyone knows where to get the sti rear trim panel inexepensive to cover the sti i/c bottle?

and if the wiring harness is a available where to get that?

thanks
    If your talking the USDM one- try subaruxtras.com or your local dealer. If your talking the RA one, probably rallispec.com

ya the fscking dealer wants 130$ for it!?!?

Wow, dealers are a rip off on things. Thank god for the internet!! Does anyone know the updated pinout for the STi auto switch? I've been searching all over hell and can only find the older pinout which is not the same.
    02 WRX SRP
    85 Mustang GT Convertable

Mods: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1030367&postcount=236

This one works.
    Damn to big. if you want I'll e-mail it.
    I would post a link but I have it on my HD and I have no idea where I found it anymore.

Thumbs up Sprayer install (Long)

Nice install Big Sky, looks good. Yer switch looks cooler than mine, and it's lit. Nice.

Couple of ideas:

1. I used a three position (ON)/OFF/ON switch. It was kind of hard to find but I was able to track it down at the local "Fishermans Warehouse". I think it is meant for a boat. I wired the ON position to a "snap action switch" that I found at Fry's Electronics. The snap switch is mounted between the gas peddle lever and the peddle itself. So, when the switch is "ON" the sprayer is only activated at WOT.

The (ON) or "Momentary ON" obviously sprays only when depressed (like the STi switch), then the switch reverts to the ON position mentioned above.

Off postition= no spray (der)

2. I also mounted a small (about 1/4 in.), blue indicator light, that I found at Baxter Auto Parts, into the left side of my center dash clock pod thingy. Tapped it into the new wire just before the firewall. I guess that I did this because I just want to know that it is spraying when I expect it to. I can't really hear it.

Blah blah:I have a wagon so cost was minimal. I plugged the hose that leads to the rear of the car and ran a second one to the hood along w/ the existing one. I unplugged the connector at the rear washer pump and ran new wire from the switch, through the firewall to the pump. Reversing the function of the motor for winter just means re-connecting the original hose and connector.

I used two of the 360deg. misters mounted directly over the intercooler w/ little L brackets. Very good surface area coverage.

Parts:
    Sprayers ($5)
    Vacuum Hose (couple $s ?)
    2 Switches ($10)
    Scrap wire (layin' around)
    Indicator Bulb ($5)
    Misc. Connectors and Hardware ($s ?)
    Hmm, I may have forgot a couple of things, oh well.
    edit: I already had some black wire loom from joes that I used for my amp install to cover the wire in the engine bay. I just ran the new wires w/ the amp wire. (about $5)

Total cost < $30.

Total time: Plenty, I'm not the greatest at DIY stuff.

Later, T.J.
    Last edited by T.J.; 05-21-2005 at 06:09 PM.
    200,000 mile club.

Old Irish adage: "Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege."

I Support ClubWRX
    I'd say your doing OK on the do it yourself stuff - good job.

Just to update a little I've been fiddling w/ delta dash of late and can confirm intake temps going down w/ the spray. I haven't figured out how long my spray will last- ie how many "shots"- usually a couple/three seconds.

I'm guessing at a track day I'll wish I had the big RA 12 liter job.

Big Sky

for the "STi" IC spray switch,

what doe the wiring diagram means "Auto/on off swithc" and "manual" trigger?

is pin 1 a "+" hot wire .

Basically, i'm using the STi- Switch and I want to hook it up to the UTEC and also be able to "manually" turn on the IC sprayer.

and if i'm guessing, i should hook up pin 1 to a "hot source" but what pin do I use to activate the pump? pin "4"??

Also, why is there "two" illumination switch?

Thanks