STi intercooler sprayer - Page 3
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

This is a discussion on STi intercooler sprayer within the Engine Performance forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Originally posted by wrxpacman where was the connector you used? There is no "connector"- you have to use existing wires/splice ...

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by wrxpacman
    where was the connector you used?
    There is no "connector"- you have to use existing wires/splice into other and come up w/ small (very small) spade connectors.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I've read a lot of these "DIY intercooler spray" threads, but I have a very very very lazy question for everyone. Since the windshield wiper tank is a first choice for a lot of people, and it's easy enough to use, would it be a sin if I just put a T fitting on the stock windshield wiper lines and ran the nozzle off the main pump? that way, every time I juiced my windshield with the handle on the steering column, I'd also squirt a little juice on my IC.....seems like a 5 second way to do it if I was feeling super lazy.

Any unforseen problems with this?

~Tim

I don't think you would get enough pressure with just one pump and all those nozzles - also, say your lining up for an Auto-X run, you look pretty silly spraying your window

I Support ClubWRX
    I think it would work (think), but I envision using mine when I don't want to hit my windshield w/ anything. What might be "better" is run a line to the sprayer pump that is already hooked up. Everyday driving leave it as is. On days you know you will need the sprayer- hook up the other line (pull off the windshield line) and use your oem stalk to operate it. When your done, switch it back.

Would be easy enough to try.

Big Sky

I've got a wagon.. could I just tap the pump already there for the rear window and use that? I basically never spray my back window. Maybe even use the STi switch to activate it, I'd have to check if spraying the back, also causes the wiper to run. Like I said.. I never use it.

What I did in my wagon was to get a flexible bladder system (with pump) from JC Whitney ($10) and mounted it in front of the battery, hooked it up the the STi switch, got a couple of misters from Home Depot... works great!

does anyone know if itd be possible to fry the sti switch, say if you hooked it straight to the battery to test it?
    alan

Where can I get that spec C tank!! I want it!!
    02 WRX SRP
    85 Mustang GT Convertable

Mods: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1030367&postcount=236

Nevermind my last post, I found one! Gonna order it tomorrow! I'm not a big fan of the dual washer fluid tank setup. Thanks Bigsky for posting that picture!! That's the exact setup I've been wanting to build.
    02 WRX SRP
    85 Mustang GT Convertable

Mods: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1030367&postcount=236

Originally posted by BlkWRXWag
    What I did in my wagon was to get a flexible bladder system (with pump) from JC Whitney ($10) and mounted it in front of the battery, hooked it up the the STi switch, got a couple of misters from Home Depot... works great!
    PICSPICSPICS

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by Racenut3.0
    I've got a wagon.. could I just tap the pump already there for the rear window and use that? I basically never spray my back window. Maybe even use the STi switch to activate it, I'd have to check if spraying the back, also causes the wiper to run. Like I said.. I never use it.
    Yep. You can run off your existing rear window washer switch or wire in a STi switch.

I went out to Subaru and purchased the STI I/C button, but they dont have a connector for it. I guess as you stated you have to use small spade connectors, but do you have a diagram of what wires to connect to what on the back side of the button. A picture would be great if possible man.

Another question. I have a Kaminari Carbon Fiber hood and don't use my windshield wiper fluid reservoir anymore. You think the motor would suffice to pump that to my FMIC right? And also how long would that 2L bottle work?

I'm also going to have a water injection system installed on my car within the next few weeks with water/methanol mixture that will have a second pump added to that (to 2L reservoir). What do you think, should I just get the 12L tank and have them both run out of that? I'm sure a little water/methanol mixture spraying on the FMIC would be alright? Of course I'd like to keep my I/C spray and Water Injection spray on at all times.

PS I guess can anyone post where you can purchase that 12L tank at?

Thanks man, RYAN
    BIGGER IS BETTER!

Originally posted by batmanalan
    does anyone know if itd be possible to fry the sti switch, say if you hooked it straight to the battery to test it?
    alan
    No problem that's what Max and I did.

Where can I find the Spec C STI intercooler resevoir? Man, I've been searching for like 2 hours now. Damn internet sucks can't find **** anymore. If anyone knows please help me? Thanks, RYAN
    BIGGER IS BETTER!

Just curious - why do you want that? You would no longer be able to use the pass-thru on your rear seats. Why not just add a second pump to your existing reservoir?