STi intercooler sprayer - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

This is a discussion on STi intercooler sprayer within the Engine Performance forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Rallispec sells the switch The harness plug (if your talking at the washer bottle) is already there- unused (unless you ...

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Rallispec sells the switch

The harness plug (if your talking at the washer bottle) is already there- unused (unless you have a wagon).

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thanks for the info, I meant the white plug that plugs into the back of the switch, does it also come with that?

-Dave
    '12 WRB Sedan

The white part is part of the switch you don't get the other side (harness) it is part of the OEM STi cluster harness.
    You have to use small wire connectors to wire the switch.

If you don't have an STi splitter do what I did.
    Home Depot has the nozzles called "Pot & Basket Misters" they are as good as you are gonna get from there (trust me I tried several), get them.
    Your stock WRX scoop seal (rubber part hanging down) is held on by little button type clips, take the two front top ones out, drill just a tiny bit to widen the hole, and put the elbow that came with the "Pot and Basket Misters" through those now widened holes. Attach the misters to the inside (duh) and the water supply hose to the out side of the elbow, aim the misters and have spraying fun!
    Note: if you drill correctly the clips will still go back in if you remove the water spray system.

what size spade connectors did u use.....do u have a link where i can get them.

Thanks

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by dudical26
    what size spade connectors did u use.....do u have a link where i can get them.

Thanks
    I got my by luck. I tried our local radio shack and they didn't have anything (it's a small one). I went to a local Chevy dealership and we went through several boxes of connectors and I found four that fit, but no part # unfortunately.

I Support ClubWRX

READ THIS IMPORTANT

I just found out from another fellow who did this last night, there is evidently a much easier way- the white/green wire has power- you can leave it be, the black blue you can leave be at the plug in as well. No need to cut at the plug in at all!

No need to run a wire into the cabin either. What you'll have to do is pull the front piece off the steering column and near the ignition you'll find the blue/black (same one as at the plug end), cut this wire and expose ~ 18" or so to reach the switch. Put a connector on the end of this and put it on at the manual trigger.

The illumnation/ground remains the same.

This makes things quite a bit easier.

Big Sky

I used a 2004 STi I/C tank and wired it up to a STi manual spray switch. The only difference is that the pump is wired as such:

Positive to a switched hot (positive) power source and the ground (negative) goes to the switches manual trigger. Sweet is all I have to say

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by KopfJager
    I used a 2004 STi I/C tank and wired it up to a STi manual spray switch. The only difference is that the pump is wired as such:

Positive to a switched hot (positive) power source and the ground (negative) goes to the switches manual trigger. Sweet is all I have to say
    What's the STi tank hold if you know? Also where did you mount it? I know the spec C goes w/ a mega 12l tank that mounts in the trunk- that would last a track day!

TIA

Mike

They USDM STi tank is behind the backseat and of giganto proportions. The problem is you have to get a new trunk liner as well.
    Well maybe you don't "HAVE TO" but it wouldn't look as nice.

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by PKer
    They USDM STi tank is behind the backseat and of giganto proportions. The problem is you have to get a new trunk liner as well.
    Well maybe you don't "HAVE TO" but it wouldn't look as nice.
    I didn't think the STi (USDM) one was too large, the spec C goes across the entire width of the trunk and is 12 liters- I'd be curious what the US STi one is. I'll get a good idea on how long my wiper bottle lasts this summer.

12 liters is large compared to my 2 liter bag reseviour.
    You're right the STi does go across the whole trunk, behind the back seat. You lose the pass through and would need to alter your existing trunk liner or get an STi one.

I Support ClubWRX
    There two distinct sprayer tanks the USDM is smaller than the spec C one

pic

The RA is 12 liters, definitely bigger, but uncertain by how much. It's possible the US one is right inbetween the wsher bottle size and the spec c one

pic of spec C

Big Sky

so what did you use for the switch? the black connector behind the dash just chillen?

or something else?

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by wrxpacman
    so what did you use for the switch? the black connector behind the dash just chillen?

or something else?
    You buy an STI switch- plugs right into the existing blank you have- then wire according to above. The connector that is wired back there is for something else- waht I couldn't tell you.

where was the connector you used?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.