STi intercooler sprayer - Page 10
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

This is a discussion on STi intercooler sprayer within the Engine Performance forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; I have an 06 TR I'm gettin ready to do this mod and have amassed my parts but want to ...

I Support ClubWRX
    I have an 06 TR
    I'm gettin ready to do this mod and have amassed my parts but want to iron out the electrical before i start. I dont have the factory fog lights, is there a way I can use that plug to plug into my sti switch or are they different? If they are different can I utilize that circuit since it is connected to the factory fuse box and relay? If so where are the wires under the hood and what do they look like?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Spec C intercooler tank on Ebay

Just spotted this one, which may be of interest to those doing this mod. Pricey though...

I Support ClubWRX

The terminals that fit the back of the sti switch.

Heres my post.

06 TR Intercooler Sprayer DIY (56k go away)

I just did this on my wagon.
    Right now it's lame-style until the switch gets here, but I just went to the hardware store and bought some 1/4" tubing and some sprayer T nozzles, unhooked the plug for my rear wiper so it wouldn't move when I hit the rear window spray switch, mounted everything up and it works like a charm.
    Just wanted to let you guys know that if you really want to do it, it can be done (on a wagon at least) for 6 frickin dollars. Definitely not a bad mod for the price.

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    nice cheap mod
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

Quote Originally Posted by Kellan View Post
    I just did this on my wagon.
    Right now it's lame-style until the switch gets here, but I just went to the hardware store and bought some 1/4" tubing and some sprayer T nozzles, unhooked the plug for my rear wiper so it wouldn't move when I hit the rear window spray switch, mounted everything up and it works like a charm.
    Just wanted to let you guys know that if you really want to do it, it can be done (on a wagon at least) for 6 frickin dollars. Definitely not a bad mod for the price.

The whole time I was reading this thread, this is exactly what I was thinking. Just unplug the rear wipers and hook up some hoses and nozzles. Then it's easy to hook the rear window washer back up for winter use. Now I just need to get to Home Depot.
    Orange cones fear me.

getting ready to do this mod. 1 quick question. my washer bottle is filled with windo washer fluid. is it ok to spray that fluid on the ic or should i dump it out and use water?

and

if you have a wagon a do this does it mean every time you press the ic button water will shoot in the ic as well as seep out on the back window??
    Last edited by danscoobywagon; 10-28-2007 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by danscoobywagon View Post
    getting ready to do this mod. 1 quick question. my washer bottle is filled with windo washer fluid. is it ok to spray that fluid on the ic or should i dump it out and use water?

and

if you have a wagon a do this does it mean every time you press the ic button water will shoot in the ic as well as seep out on the back window??
    I would change the fluid for water, NJ gets kind of cold though, so you might have problems in freezing weather.

You won't have any water on your rear window because you disconnect the hose going back there to hook up the hose for the sprayer. I only use mine for autocross, spraying between runs, so after next weekends finale I'll hook the rear washer hose and the electrical connection for the rear wiper back up for winter use.
    Orange cones fear me.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by danscoobywagon View Post

and

I would drain the fluid. When I did this mod I initially just sprayed washer fluid through, and it clogged my sti nozzle.

I run 80/20 mix of water/alocohol to combat the freezing. Has worked great for me for over a year now.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

nice thanks guys

So I hope to start gathering parts to basically do this "mod". In actuality most of the harder stuff is already done, the I/C sprayers and the like. Its just that the I/C sprayer hose was taken straight off the windshield misters then rewired to an on/off switch. So I hope to get a second pump and reattach the windshield misters to the correct button. I'm also more of a purist and want the subaru I/C sprayer switch instead of the on/off one. I hope to get the parts tomorrow and do some-most of it. We'll see how it goes!

Just finished this!!! I still haven't got the Subaru switch though. Does anyone know if you can wire up the five second timer to be manual? push=spray, release=no spray. I know this thread is old but here's hoping someone is reading this.

Any way to keep wipers from running when you spray washer fluid? if so why couldnt you just reroute the washer lines and mount new nozzles inside hood scoop

Quote Originally Posted by JHefwrx03 View Post
    Any way to keep wipers from running when you spray washer fluid? if so why couldnt you just reroute the washer lines and mount new nozzles inside hood scoop

On my wagon, I used the rear window washer pump and just unplug the rear wiper at the motor. Then I can just plug it back in and swap the line to the hoodscoop for the washer line for the winter. I only use the sprayer between autocross runs.
    Orange cones fear me.

keep your eyes out on ebay too i found a whole set up including the switch, lines, and tanks used for 50 bucks
    i live my life a 1/4 mile at a time