MBC Install Instructions [PICS]
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on MBC Install Instructions [PICS] within the Engine Performance forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Here is an over view of the engine compartment Here is a shot of the connections Here is what I ...

MBC Install Instructions [PICS]

Here is an over view of the engine compartment

Here is a shot of the connections

Here is what I did with the factory boost sensing line.

Good Luck!!
    Last edited by Root; 02-09-2002 at 05:12 PM.
    Good judgement comes from experience,
    and experience comes from bad judgement.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

how about one more of what it looks like with the mbc installed

thanks
    2002 Impreza WRX
    Aspen White
    (Not Stock)

ok so i just got my joe p now this conection we see here

that brass thing is the boost controller ?

also on the mbc the nipple on the bottom go's in to the round silver on the right and the back nipple goes to the conection the left right?
    2002 Impreza WRX
    Aspen White
    (Not Stock)

Yes the brass thing is my MBC, it's a Dawes Device. It does what it supposed to do, so I couldn't see spending $35 more for the Joe P. They are alot like the Ronco Show Time Rotisserie, you just set it, and forget it.

On the Joe P site it says the nipple on the bottom goes to the turbo, and the nipple on the side goes to the wastegate.

http://www.joepmbc.com/installation.htm

Heh, heh, i said nipple.

Good Luck

just to make sure the one hose that goes in to the silver cap in the front is the turbo and the one on the back side is the waste gate right?

and the factory senceing line do i just pul it with a screw?
    2002 Impreza WRX
    Aspen White
    (Not Stock)

btw i was not insulting your device since i am new to the turbo thing i got confused since it looks diff than mine .

2002 Impreza WRX
    Aspen White
    (Not Stock)

looks like the pictures are taken from the back of the hood to the front(or by the passenger door into the engine compartment)

Here are some more pics of the installed joe p to help you all out.
    2002 Impreza WRX
    Aspen White
    (Not Stock)

You guys know about the vacant black hose clip thing near the turbo right?! It holds MBCs PERFECTLY!

Below is the best pick I have...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails temp.jpg  
    Erik
    '02 Subaru WRX
    12.73@108.32
    287whp/277wtq

Root: Could you please please PLEASE post some fresh links for your MBC tutorial? The pictures don't come up.

I think I have my JoeP hooked up incorrectly, and I've been trying for many days to find some pics. Please have mercy on me! Thx.
    2002 WRB 5-spd: K&N drop-in, silencer hack, Samco IC hoses, Godspeed uppipe, Bosal downpipe w/stock 3rd cat, Tanabe RM catback, TB Racing crank pulley, Tanabe GF-210 springs, Koni Sport strut inserts, Group N tranny & motor mounts, Whiteline rack bushings, Kartboy rear-sway endlinks & shifter, Goodridge ss brakelines, Akebono ProACT front pads

Here is where they are hosted. I didnt put in captions.

http://www.phastnet.com/jmanning/carpics/index.html

That is weird they worked for a few weeks, you could try right clicking on the red X and clicking "show picture".

Help!

Thanks Root. I can see them now, but I still don't get it. I'm turb-illiterate. I'd really appreciate if you could tell me what's what in the most basic terms:

Standing in front of the car:
    The hose running to the left is the...

The hose attached the round thingy over the turbo is the...

The hose running to the right is the...

Thanks, Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2002 WRB 5-spd: K&N drop-in, silencer hack, Samco IC hoses, Godspeed uppipe, Bosal downpipe w/stock 3rd cat, Tanabe RM catback, TB Racing crank pulley, Tanabe GF-210 springs, Koni Sport strut inserts, Group N tranny & motor mounts, Whiteline rack bushings, Kartboy rear-sway endlinks & shifter, Goodridge ss brakelines, Akebono ProACT front pads

OK, The hose on the left (if I understand the question right) is the factory boost sensing line, it is capped off with a screw and turned back into the holder it just came out of.

The round thing on the left is the wastegate, that goes to the output side of your boost controller.

On the right side the input of the boost controller goes to the compressor side of the turbo on its way to the intercooler.

The factory boost sensing line is capped with a screw, the rest of the factory tee and hosing is removed in case it is needed again later in life. It is about 5 inches from waste gate to turbo compressor. I used about 3 inches of silicone hosing on each side of the MBC. I used a large zip tie to hold the MBC away from everything so as not to get too hot and melt the tubing.

I think I got all your questions?

Good Luck,
    Justin

Smile

WHEW! Yes, much thanks for your help, Justin. I got the JoeP connected correctly, but don't have the boost set yet. Early on, I spiked the boost up to 22 or 23 psi a couple times. Do you suppose I might have blown something? I've got the adjusting screw almost completely out of the device, and it still peaks way over 15psi. I'll get it eventually, I suppose. Perhaps I should just put it back to stock, and see if I messed anything up. Again, thanks for all the hand-holding. You're a pal.

Unfortunately, I have a Dawes Device instead of a JoeP. A majority of folks here are running that though and may chime in and help.

Goood luck,
    Justin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.