MBC Install Instructions [PICS] - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on MBC Install Instructions [PICS] within the Engine Performance forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; good shot of turbo tipple. this goes to the "IN" side of the MBC. dR...

good shot of turbo tipple. this goes to the "IN" side of the MBC.

dR

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

here's a good shot of the wastegate actuator side, this should come from the "OUT" side of the MBC.

thanks gifty for hte great pics w/ descriptions.

dR

Has anyone heard that instead of putting a bolt in the line to the FBC you just take the OEM vac lines from the turbo, and the wastegate, and then connect them together with a vac connector 'closing the loop'? Will this do anything differently? I believe I heard this from TXS...
    '12 WRB Sedan

Manual Boost Controller Do-It-Yourself

I've been driving my car with a TurboXS manual boost controller for the last few months and took it off to trade for an up pipe today since I'm going to get a Cobb reflash soon. I bought the MBC used and without instructions, and couldn't really find a guide that made it clear what to do. So I got out my camera and took pictures as I took it out today.

1) This is the t-fitting for the stock MBC. You'll want to hang on to these vacuum hoses and not use them with your MBC as there is a restrictor in them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mbc1.jpg  

2) The first hose is connected to the turbo outlet. The hose is 3/16". It'll fit pretty tight, but make sure you use a hose clamp to hold it on. This one was kind of a pain to tighten, especially with the turbo and the manifold still hot since it had only been sitting for about 45 minutes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mbc2.jpg  

3) The second hose, connected to the wastegate actuator. Same thing -- 3/16, hoseclamp.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mbc3.jpg  
    Last edited by qoncept; 01-21-2004 at 05:07 PM.

4) Finally, find a place to mount your MBC. I opted to put mine over by the stock boost controller, and to remind myself that it was only a temporary solution, I simply mounted it with a zip tie.

On my Turbo XS MBC, the first hose (turbo outlet) goes to the nipple on the side of the MBC, opposite the brass adjustment screw. The second, from the wastegate actuator, connects to the bottom nipple.

To adjust, use an allen key to tighten the top screw CLOCKWISE until it's all the way closed. I believe "all the way closed" is something like 7psi. Then turn it COUNTER CLOCKWISE a turn and a half at a time to get close to the boost you'd like, and be mindful of your driving.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mbc4.jpg  

Thumbs up

*BUMP*

This is the best guide for an mbc i've seen, might need to be sticked or something in the tutorial section also.

I got a JoeP-Z and was wondering on the adjustment part of this thread, do you want it all the way in on all MBC's, or will it vary? Thanks
    living la Vida with out the Loca

Originally posted by shift_rex
    I got a JoeP-Z and was wondering on the adjustment part of this thread, do you want it all the way in on all MBC's, or will it vary? Thanks
    All the way in will give you wastegate pressure, which is around 7psi. Opening it will progressively increase. HTH ::]

Hey qconcept very good pics and explanation. All the way in leaves the pressure in your lines at what they would be stock so ur wastegate will open at the same time. Basically all a Manual Boost Controller is, is a bleeder valve that as you open it up farther it lets more pressure out of the lines which causes more boost to be built up to actuate the wastegate. Just dont open it all the way or u might have some problems after a while;-)

Quote Originally Posted by qoncept View Post
    I've been driving my car with a TurboXS manual boost controller for the last few months and took it off to trade for an up pipe today since I'm going to get a Cobb reflash soon. I bought the MBC used and without instructions, and couldn't really find a guide that made it clear what to do. So I got out my camera and took pictures as I took it out today.

1) This is the t-fitting for the stock MBC. You'll want to hang on to these vacuum hoses and not use them with your MBC as there is a restrictor in them.
    hey sry to bug but what happens to the vac hose on top of the "T" the black n gray one i jus see it routed to the side ....thx in advance
    Blobeye Syndicate #066

Exclamation need help boost problems

Hello guys i need some help iv just installed a turbosmart boost tap into my 94 wrx and its hitting boost cut at around 10 to 12 psi
    and when i try to disable the factory boost solinoids my engine check light comes on and it cuts at 7psi

iv tried unpluging them so theres no signal to the ecu but it still wont boost above 10psi i want to be running around 14.5-16psi

any help would be awsome thanks alot

Chris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.