I was bored today so I got out my dremel and here's the resulting carnage.
I knife edged the leading edge of the throttle butterfly and also the throttle body inlet.
Took about .5 mil off the butterfly and a ton off the bidy intake.
I also cut down the screws on the butterfly to get them out of the airstream.
I didn't test it yet, too fricken cold in Ohio tonight to put it back on.
But I'll let you know if there is any difference, hopefully not for the worse.
P.S. if you knife edge the butterfly, you MUST leave some of the flat edge intact to effect a good seal when the throttle is closed, otherwise it'll probably cause rough idle.
I didn't spend a whole lot of time making it look pretty, but I just smoothed it best I could with a wire wheel and some rubbing compund and polishing pad.
It looks a little less than smooth but feels real good so I hope it works out.
This is the before picture, see the screws and the huge fat lip on the inlet, well, say goodby. Sorry for the crappy photo.