knife edging throttle body and gasket matching the intercooler intake pipes - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on knife edging throttle body and gasket matching the intercooler intake pipes within the Engine Performance forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; When I do the butterflies I use good old hand files. You have better control. With a good hand I ...

When I do the butterflies I use good old hand files. You have better control. With a good hand I found it gives a more even/smoother transition. Then I polish it out with some wet sand.

FYI: There's a raised lip around edge of the butterfly. Since you have it off, flat sand it. Plus it makes it shine

Last edited by WRX03; 01-05-2004 at 07:14 AM.
    Quietest Cobb Stage 2 in the world. Throttlebody's by WRX03. I/C hoses and ported elbows. Daddy's DP with stock heatshield. 3CE with stock heat shield. Stock catback. PnP Turbo.
    Wife drives it, too fast

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Nice, I see you also did the butterfly shaft as well. I think it was from your post that I got the button head screw info from- it worked perfectly- just the right length.

Big Sky

Since I'm not familar with throttle bodies, what did you use to clamp or plug up the coolant hoses? Do you have any problems with getting air into the coolant? I'm guessing you just unwind the throttle cables to get them off? Is that all there is to it besides the bolts?
    Drifting away...

All you do is disconnect the coolant lines, they'll leak a little but not much. The air that gets in isn't going top hurt. I din't have to plug them as I just pushed the hoses around till the tips were up and let gravity do the work.

Hold the throttle open with your hand then removal of the cables are self explanatory. Just look at them you'll see.
    Your Friendly neighborhood Antimullet

here are some I took berfore during and after.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12