Godspeed Uppipe Installed...tips and observations - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Godspeed Uppipe Installed...tips and observations within the Engine Performance forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; hey 1984, thanks for the detailed instructions! this gives me confidence that i can do the up pipe install myself. ...

hey 1984, thanks for the detailed instructions! this gives me confidence that i can do the up pipe install myself. i was going to get someone to do it for me because it required me to do thingx that i was incapable of doing. i was just wondering, but do you have to jack up the engine or did you just get under it and take the up pipe off? thanks in advance!

Peter

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

There are two ways to remove the uppipe.

One is to remove the turbo and take it out from the top. (What s/he did)

The other is to jack up the engine so it can be removed through the bottom. (What I did)

Jacking up the engine is no big deal, you loosen one nut, grab a block of wood, put it under the oil pan and jack it up a little. *shrug*
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX
    Midnight Black Pearl

Great Walkthrough

Thanks for the handy guide. Very detailed and well thought out. I hope to do mine soon.

Here is my own Uppipe, Downpipe, Muffler INSTALL GUIDE: Uppipe, Downpipe, Muffler INSTALL GUIDE!

Believe me, I was annoyed at how incomplete all the directions for this install were, so I decided that when I did my own ScoobySport install, I would fix that with a nice DIY.

(You are all welcome, I expect to see some parts under my Christmas tree this year.)

Uppipe, Downpipe, Muffler INSTALL GUIDE!

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

Afk to Christmas shop for Tubby. I'm thinking something in chrome.

Aw man, I think I just peed my pants in anticipation!

You guys are gonna get me chrome hubcaps to go over my rims? Sweet!!

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

hey i have a question. i ordered an up pipe put it doesn't have ne studs. can i use the stock studs or do i need to order some? also whats a good way to get the studs in? a stud is missing from my vf30 but i have another stud already but i dont know how to put it in. if i use a wrench then i'm afraid to strip it, and its to hard to tighten with my hands.

help plz. i'm gonna go the turbo route since imma install my vf30 also.
    Its my only way of transportation so i'd be hurtin if i had to wait for another poart to come in.

ne tips? am i missing ne thing?

i have vf30, up pipe, crucial up pipe gaskets, and sti pinks.

thanks for the write up imma follow this one along with tubby treats when i do the install.

$200 seems high, being from godspeed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12