Uppipe, Downpipe, Muffler INSTALL GUIDE! - Page 9
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

This is a discussion on Uppipe, Downpipe, Muffler INSTALL GUIDE! within the Engine Performance forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Originally Posted by jeb If you are only changing the downpipe can you leave the turbo and IC on? yeah ...

Quote Originally Posted by jeb
    If you are only changing the downpipe can you leave the turbo and IC on?

yeah you definitely leave the turbo on... but the IC you can take off to make the job easier... i'd suggest doing it, because once you pull the IC off and learn how to do it, its like a 2 minute job literally. real easy.
    she was like "ahhhh you're nailing me!..cool."

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Peachypumpkincheeks

::subscribe!::
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Some of you interested in this thread might also find my up-pipe installation video helpful. The downpipe is removed as part of the up-pipe install. You can download the video at http://9-2x.dynamic-dyno.com/RemovingUp-pipeCat.html
    2005 9-2x Aero, Silver, Manual: UTEC stg1, gutted up-pipe, TXS tuner, boost gauge.
    Previous Cars: 2002 Acura RSX TypeS (traded for 9-2x), 1997 Mazda Miata, 1989 Acura Integra.
    Wife's Car: 1999 Honda Civic LX
    http://www.dynamic-dyno.com/9-2X

Dude you a pimp great video
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||_____
    |.........Beer................| ||.....'|";\,___.
    |_...__...______...__..._|_||_|__|__..._|
    ..(@).(@)........(@) (@)................(@)............

Just installed my Up pipe + TBE sucessfully. NO LEAKS!!! Thanks for the great instructions & video!

You're welcome. I'm glad you found the video useful.
    2005 9-2x Aero, Silver, Manual: UTEC stg1, gutted up-pipe, TXS tuner, boost gauge.
    Previous Cars: 2002 Acura RSX TypeS (traded for 9-2x), 1997 Mazda Miata, 1989 Acura Integra.
    Wife's Car: 1999 Honda Civic LX
    http://www.dynamic-dyno.com/9-2X

Im confused on why everyone took out the intercooler.
    Drew

They are removing the intercooler to make it easier to get to the downpipe to turbo bolts and take off the turbo heat shield you can do it without removing it like i opted to do. But i warn you the turbo heat shield is a pita.

o2 sensor

does the perrin 02 sensor help pass emmissions test

Wow, never noticed this thread before.
    <--- Robert

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

First off, let me say "NICE DIY INSTRUCTIONS!"

I am considering doing an up pipe & down pipe and adding the access port stage 1 or 2.....I haven't talked to them to see what COBB says about this. I would like to leave the stock muffler for that "stock" look and also to keep it a little quiet.

I have been doing my homework checking out all the different DP & UP out on the market and with all this research I now have some questions for you guys that have already installed these parts:

1. I read that when you swap out the up pipe and still run the EGT, it is possible to burn out the EGT because of the added heat. Has anyone burned out their EGT yet? Someone mentioned putting on a "sparkplug extension" on it to move it away from the heat. Has anyone done this and could you explain if it all fits in there good?

2. If you swap out the DP and still have at least 1 cat on the car am I almost guaranteed to have a CEL issue if I don't do the fix? Will the Accesss Port get rid of the problem?

3. I'd like to keep the car running clean, no emisions issues, because when it comes time to take the sniffer test, I would hate to have to go through all of this again and again swapping in and out the stock DP everytime I would have to go for the test.
    Have anyone here gone through the test with an aftermarket DP? Did you pass?

This is an excelent thread. Anyone planning on doing this should read this post!

this thread is very helpful i should be installing a downpipe in 2 days and since its gonna be off i wanna gut my uppipe on my FXT..cant wait thanks

haven a few problems....

Quote Originally Posted by tubbytreats View Post
    Another angle:
    hey...i think im doing this right..(im pretty new to all this thread stuff) but i wanted to ask you a question. im working on my '2002 and its...not really going as i want. a friend and i are trying to put a new header on and up pipe. ive gotten everything off but the up pipe..im haveing a little bit of trouble getting out it. it seams the o2 sensor is in the way and i cant really get a good grip on it with anything. if you have any thing that could help please let me know....i just wanna get it out and driving again!