Uppipe, Downpipe, Muffler INSTALL GUIDE! - Page 6
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

This is a discussion on Uppipe, Downpipe, Muffler INSTALL GUIDE! within the Engine Performance forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Thanks for the comments, any problems with the instructions, or did you have mostly eveything you needed?...

Thanks for the comments, any problems with the instructions, or did you have mostly eveything you needed?

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

bump

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

Anyone else done this install recently and have issues that weren't covered in this DIY?

2002 WRX Mods:

do you have to torque any of the bolts? if so which ones?

Did you miss this "Subaru Torque Guide"?

2002 WRX Mods:

Quote Originally Posted by tubbytreats
    Did you miss this "Subaru Torque Guide"?

what about the rest of the pipping torques?
    Me ni utsuru kono yo wa jigoku to iu

For the turbo-to-downpipe bolts, I just used similar torque to what is pictured as T3 in those pictures. (26 ft lb) For the midpipe-to-downpipe bolts (if you have a short aftermarket downpipe vs the long aftermarket downpipes), you should use the same T3 torque there.

On bolts past the downpipe, your tightening torque is up to you. The most important torque figures are for the header, exhaust manifold, and uppipe. After the turbo, it is much less likely to have an exhaust leak as most people usually have uppipe leaks from improper torquing (or forgetting about re-torquing those bolts)

2002 WRX Mods:

anyone know how to tell the difference between an 02-03 and 04+ cel fix?
    Me ni utsuru kono yo wa jigoku to iu

Hey, does the scoobysport ss1+ up,dp,exhaust keep a car emissions legal? Does it keep the midpipe cat? I live in dallas texas, the emissions laws are kinda laid back from what i hear...
    '03 Aspen white rex

-Infinity Kappa Perfect 12D VQ running on a MTX audio 420D.
    -Kicker SS components (6.5") running on a hifonics saturn a4000
    -60 sq. ft of edead v1.2se

tracker7821,

Yes, a Stage 1+ ScoobySport Exhaust system with the stock midpipe cat in place should pass emissions. I have the same system on my car and easily passed OH sniffer test rules.

There is a thread about it called "Passed OH Emissions" and I suggest you search for it.

2002 WRX Mods:

Put the 2x4" piece of wood on your jack and jack up your motor on the oil pan. (Am I crazy you are asking??) Yes.
    is this actually safe???? Not doubting you tubbytreats... i just would rather not mess something up on my brand new car...
    dude one time i tried to put the trailer bully into the coiler, and I got all messed up

Well, you have (2) options:

1. Jack up the engine on the oil pan after loosening the engine mount bolts.

2. Remove the turbo and coolant/oil lines to get the uppipe out.

Your choice, neither way is fun. After having countless 100's of folks jack up their engine this one time using the oil pan, it's probably just fine.

2002 WRX Mods:

Hey tubbytreats, do you have a picture of the rear of the car with the scoobysport exhaust. I am interested into seeing waht it looks when fully installed from the outside. Thanks.

thanks tubby ... ill do it that way then ... thanks a lot for the great directions!!! i was kinda like this when i saw them ...
    dude one time i tried to put the trailer bully into the coiler, and I got all messed up

bsbretly,

You can see a shot of what the ScoobySport exhaust looks like installed by viewing the videos at the beginning of this thread. They have a good shot of the car at idle and you can see the exhaust on their test car at RallyPerformance.com

Enjoy!

2002 WRX Mods:

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.