Uppipe, Downpipe, Muffler INSTALL GUIDE! - Page 12
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

This is a discussion on Uppipe, Downpipe, Muffler INSTALL GUIDE! within the Engine Performance forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Originally Posted by mycologist Bumping a tutorial is perfectly acceptable. Yep, and this is a pretty good one. tubby's tutorial ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    Bumping a tutorial is perfectly acceptable.
    Yep, and this is a pretty good one. tubby's tutorial actually helped me get through my first DP install on WRX #1 in October of 2003.

Wow, I was still a mid-30's guy then. Weird.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    just installed uppipe with this tutorial thanks tubby! i only ran into one problem and that was removing 02 sensor from manifold to get to uppipe bolts sprayed tons of pb but didnt help just went around 02 sensor and i did use a 02 wrench

I Support ClubWRX
    is there an tutorial this good for the 06+ WRX? or would most of this be the same? i have not seen the need to remove so much of the engine in tutorials i have seen for the 2.5?
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.

I Support ClubWRX
    That's because catless uppipes became standard on all WRXs from 05+. While there is some evidence to suggest an aftermarket uppipe might still benefit later years, it's no where near as beneficial to those cars as it is to the 02-04 cars.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

I really want to do this on my 2002 WRX, but I live in NY and I can't mess up the emissions. Does anyone know if you can still do this stuff and still pass inspection?

I saw your thread about you installing your uppipe, downpipe, and muffler and I have a few questions. I have a stock 02 WRX with nearly 88k miles on it. I've only had it for a year and am not super familiar with working on my car. Would you still suggest trying to install these if I'm not familiar with working on my car? I was not aware of the cat breaking apart and being sucked into the turbo. I definitely would like to replace that.

Do I need to do anything else to my car if I installed an uppipe, downpipe, and muffler? Any tuning? Would you suggest a COBB accessport tuner?

Thanks for the help!

-Ryan

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    This is not going to be beginner's work, especially on an older car. I'd say try doing just the DP first but you have to do the DP to get to the UP anyway. It is going to depend on if you can get the bolts loose without breaking any and if you can deal with jacking up the motor to wiggle the UP out. If you do it, use lots of PB blaster well ahead of time.

On an '02 you can squeak by with no tuning on this, but you will be much better off getting a map as it will give you the benefits of the mods. really only after it is tuned. That is per the DP - the UP does not require anything.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.