Uppipe, Downpipe, Muffler INSTALL GUIDE! - Page 11
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

This is a discussion on Uppipe, Downpipe, Muffler INSTALL GUIDE! within the Engine Performance forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Originally Posted by mycologist Subscribes Sounds like the AC drain hose. If so, it often needs to be trimmed or ...

Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    Subscribes

Sounds like the AC drain hose. If so, it often needs to be trimmed or relocated so it doesn't melt on the DP.
    alright thanks alot i wasnt sure i just saw it kinda sitting there

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I just did my UP pipe install this past weekend. I bought a stock one and gutted it. (trying to stay stealth). I figured since i have everything else appart, I went ahead and ported out the ex. manifolds. I didn't port them as much as I wanted cause I had to have the car back together for work on Monday, but I made sure I worked on the short turn radiuses. I probably spent about 3-4 hrs porting just the drivers side ex.
    I already had the Cobb stg 1 on the car, which made a significant difference. Not only does it increase the power, but it smooths out the entire RPM range. before, it was like the car had an on-off button on the boost, but the Cobb made it much better. The UP pipe did help the spool-up time and helped smooth out the acceleration even more. I can't tell if my car is any louder though. I guess I'm done modding my car for now. maybe once my warranty is up, I'll add a DP

hey is the turboxs 4'' down pipe agood choise or is it too big?

just finished my up and down install this weekend, and had a little bit of trouble getting the hose from the intercooler to the turbo back on... figured out if you warm it up a little bit with a hair dryer it helps it slip back on.... hope this helps somebody
    '02 Stage II WRX PSM Sport Wagon

...and one more thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end.- Homer Simpson

Teh Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by stud100spray View Post
    just finished my up and down install this weekend, and had a little bit of trouble getting the hose from the intercooler to the turbo back on... figured out if you warm it up a little bit with a hair dryer it helps it slip back on.... hope this helps somebody
    I use the string method, as I described here:

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showpo...60&postcount=3
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Man those nut's on the Turbo are tight ....I am in serious need of a breaker bar.

going to get it on the lift on wednesday, and get that thing installed.
    Infantry leads the way

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxrolla View Post
    I also want to say thank you for this write up. I found Perrin's instructions and your's very helpful for my install. A couple things I would like to add however. Jacking up the engine is not needed, you can twist the stock up-pipe and pull it over the frame. O2 sensor sockets are useless, or at least the one I got was. It kept twisting and getting the right torque on it was difficult. A 7/8" open end wrench is all you will need and is actually much more useful.
    I just want to point out to others following this tutorial all the way through that this advise caused me an unplanned trip to Autozone. Luckily my wife's car was available early this morning.

I'm not saying its impossible, but unless you can rebuild a VW with only a hammer I recommend following the original instructions and get the O2 sensor tool before you start. I can't even get the wrench near the one on the manifold because of the shielding.

I am shocked and amazed that my install thread is still alive and kicking!

I just got a new TD05H-18G turbo and PE650cc injectors and APS Turbo Inlet and TGV Deletes and NGK Iridium cold plugs and fuel pump. They will be going on my car over the Memorial Day weekend, and I'll probably take loads of pictures and make a nice DIY for turbo installs for everyone. (There are many out there, but I'm confident I can put together a better one)

I'll keep you all posted, but thanks for the compliments, and I hope this DIY has helped you muscle up the courage to do your own installs on your WRX/STI!

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

Banned
    where do you jack up the car??? the place i tried bent something underneath the car, and the place the owner manual recommended bent the body or whatever it recommended... please help. 07 wrx tr

Thumbs up uppipe installation

I have question.I got my perrin uppipe for my 2005 sti,do I need some modification on it? or what can I do with sensor(O2) thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by oscar1fordfocus View Post
    I have question.I got my perrin uppipe for my 2005 sti,do I need some modification on it? or what can I do with sensor(O2) thanks.
    no you shouldnt need too in the sti's theres no egt sensor on the up pipe its self. there is an o2 sensor on you exhaust man. that youll need to take off to get to the up pipe but you just put that back where it came from when you put it back togeather

Straight Pipe Question: The O2 sensor (reflash)

Need Help...

Today I went to get a straight pipe put on and found out there is a O2 sensor connected to the cadilatic converter. So as soon as I turn the car on the Sensor will set off the code. How to fix that issue? Do I need to re-program the PCM?

just found this after searching all over for a good step by step guide to install a downpipe and upipe since i have a cat back on now.

this is hands down, amazing.

this makes me wanna drain my account , order them now and get my hands dirty.

i cant wait to order them now, a few more weeks and ill be set.

just one question...

did you back the car up onto the ramps....and then jack up the front then put it on jacks?

seems kinda sketchy, but just wondering....

eitherway, this tthread is amazing

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Somebody is going to kick me off clubwrx for diggin up old posts.... I used these pictures to put my COBB DP on my 07 WRX and it was amazingly useful. Thanks to the OP (if still around).

1 thing I would suggest to those who may be doing this the first time.... I would recommend backing the car onto ramps and leaving the front end down. I had all 4 wheels on ramps and found working with the IC and heat shield very difficult from standing on a chair. I am 5'10" and had to use the chair to reach some of the bolts. When I was putting it back together, I put the front down and left the back up (you really can't move the car without the IC hooked up) and found it so much easier to work with.

I didn't have to "wrench" too hard on any bolts, but I felt very safe under the car since it was supported by its own shocks on ramps. I don't think I would have felt safe pulling on the O2 sensor if the car was on jack stands.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Bumping a tutorial is perfectly acceptable.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb