Gutting Catalytic converters - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Gutting Catalytic converters within the Engine Performance forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Okay then. Got it. So do you have to do anything to the o2 sensor....

Okay then. Got it. So do you have to do anything to the o2 sensor.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mike3026 View Post
    I finally got around to getting the 2.2k Ohm resistors. Now, I know to replace the o2 sensor in the uppipe, but there is the main o2 sensor in the main exhaust piping. There are 4 wires running from it. Does anyone know if that o2 sensor matters and if it does, which 2 wires require the resistor?
    The resistor only works for the EGT in the up-pipe. The 02 sensors post turbo (there should be two btw) cannot be fixed in this manner. You have a couple of options though. 1. Most commonly reccommended. Get your self a Cobb Access port. Use it as engine management and use it to clear the check engine lights. 2 Get your self 4 18mm spark plug non foulers install them in the bungs where the o2 sensors go then reinstall the o2 sensor the sensors will be getting a smaller sample and not throw the check engine light. 3. There is another form of wire resister to use on the o2 sensor wires. I havent done much research on this so you can if you would like. Im typing this fast so I may edit later any questions ask.
    02 WRX Wagooone!
    Quote Originally Posted by p0rnstar19 View Post
    it was crazy! I stabbed it about 10 times in the jugular and it was still teying to run around. I had the guy who hit it hold it's hind legs... he told me I was crazy. I just didn't want to see it suffer...
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    And just to be a ****, in the movie business we also have Peter North.

Quote Originally Posted by mike3026 View Post
    Oh okay there's a hidden cat the factory manual doesn't tell you about on that pipe from the header to the turbo.
    if you have an 04+ STi or 06+ WRX then there are only 2 cats. The 2.5L engine got rid of the cat in the Up Pipe, leaving the Cat in the DP and your Cat converter
    How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123