Samco I/C hose installation on WRX with PICS! - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Samco I/C hose installation on WRX with PICS! within the Engine Performance forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Next time you remove your intercooler, place it on a towel so you don't bend any fins. That picture of ...

Next time you remove your intercooler, place it on a towel so you don't bend any fins. That picture of the IC on your driveway makes me cringe.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

sorry. still newbie. what flash are you talking about? and how much is a set of Samco ic hoses?

In the vendor's section someone is selling the hoses for $120 shipped in blue only.

North New Jersey, School at Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania (Rt 287, Rt 78, Rt 22, Rt 80)
    So how long did it take you to do this? A Hour?

And how hard is it to do?
    I installed my own sts, mbc, and catback and thought they all were pretty straight foward .
    -My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

"I wanted to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that wouldn't screw to save its species" Fight Club

It's pretty easy. The hardest part is getting to the clamp on the bov -> turbo inlet hose.

Originally posted by Jack
    So how long did it take you to do this? A Hour?

And how hard is it to do?
    I installed my own sts, mbc, and catback and thought they all were pretty straight foward .
    Jack,

This wouldn't take long at all to do and it's a piece of cake (thoug I have a non-return BOV so haven't had to worry about that pipe). I had my I/C off when I did a turbo upgrade a few months ago, and also had to do a few road side repairs after blowing the y-pipe and turbo hoses off earlier this week. Had to remove the cooler to get the y-pipe back on the turbo. Whole thing only took about 15-20 minutes.

Give it a try.
    MY98 WRX
    Light Silver
    Modified

is there any performance gains with this? What is the reason for upgrading to these new hoses? thanks
    Chris
    2004 Subaru WRX - Accessport Stage 2, Stromung downpipe, STi uppipe, Prodrive Intercooler hoses, Sti Hood scoop, cleared headlights, Sti short shifter, 20% tint all around.

Originally posted by stcktnkid
    is there any performance gains with this? What is the reason for upgrading to these new hoses? thanks
    for better flow... less restrictive. Also, it's more heat resistant.

I just did mine and that BOV hose is a wretched thing to remove. I did however figure out a way to do it that took about 15min. I used a really loing screw driver and pushed on the tab through various hoses and things from the front of the car. Its hard to explain especially since i have no idea what half the hoses are called.

But from the front end of the car, you can look through a tangle of hoses and see the clamp tab. If you use a really long screw driver, you can push that tab, which relaxes the clamp a bit and spins it until you can get it far enough around to put vise-grips on it or something. Hope my meager explanation helps.
    '04 PSM Wagon. Silver Wagon Club? What is that? Am i in it?

Or you can use needle nose pliers.

just put in 2 out of 3 of my ic hoses - I have a stock blowoff valve and it works fine with thew 2 new hoses and the stock one - whats the big deal??? why should I put it on other than because its blue and matches the other 2 lol
    Blobeye Syndicate #48
    2008 Impreza Hatch
    Aztec Gold Metallic
    Missin' the WRX but not the money I am saving :-)
    My car's info

Sorry

Sorry to bring this back from the dead, but I can't seem to find the torque specs for re-attaching the BOV to the IC (or for the IC mounting brackets for that matter).

Can anyone help me out? Thanks.
    Look where you want the car to go, not where you think it will.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Swammi
    Sorry to bring this back from the dead, but I can't seem to find the torque specs for re-attaching the BOV to the IC (or for the IC mounting brackets for that matter).

Can anyone help me out? Thanks.
    Hmm... I didn't think it was too much of an issue. I've always tightened my BOV with "necessary" torque.
    The last of the flat headlights

Quote Originally Posted by yu1isys
    Hmm... I didn't think it was too much of an issue. I've always tightened my BOV with "necessary" torque.
    +1 Just make it snug.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

Quote Originally Posted by AjIsDope
    +1 Just make it snug.
    Don't torque it TOO much. It will strip the treads. It happened to me once.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.