Samco I/C hose installation on WRX with PICS! - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Samco I/C hose installation on WRX with PICS! within the Engine Performance forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; what a whimp the BOV hose is a bast-ard, the clamp on the turbo side is upside down and will ...

what a whimp

the BOV hose is a bast-ard, the clamp on the turbo side is upside down and will cause MUCH cussing

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Where can I find info on that hose kit?

How much did u pay for the whole thing?

Nice instructions, but you forgot to include what itmes you need to remove- you say remove the following, and then show the entire engine bay.

I Support ClubWRX
    Thank you very much for the very detailed descriptions and pictures. Just what we need at this club. Very informative.

Originally posted by jedimaster
    Nice instructions, but you forgot to include what itmes you need to remove- you say remove the following, and then show the entire engine bay.
    in small red letters he has numbers on what needs to be removed. i'm guessing in what order also.
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Hmmm, you're right- couldn't see it on my crappy comp at work.

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX
    what's that black line on your intake manifold thats sitting just left of the throttle cables?
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

Look closer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails eyetest.gif  

Ive heard that Samco Hoses need to be "trimmed" on the inside....did you have to do this? And if so, where and what needed to be removed.

Thanks

To be honest with you, effects of pieces that need to be trimmed are nearly negligible. Some vendors make such a big deal out of it as if it is a big deal. Takes 5 min to trim them off..

Originally posted by WRXreX
    To be honest with you, effects of pieces that need to be trimmed are nearly negligible. Some vendors make such a big deal out of it as if it is a big deal. Takes 5 min to trim them off..
    Can you elaborate on what needs to be trimmed and why?

Thanks.

new install

I just installed the samco hoses...well 2 out of the three. the third hose from the BOV was a pain because of the clamp. Is there a way to get that clamp off without destroying everything around it or cutting the hose? I am more than frustruated and need help. Thanks in advance.

I'll be installing mine tomorrow, so I will post up if I run into any trouble.

Q: Does the "flash" inside the Y hose need to be trimmed? Does anything else need to be trimmed?
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

I got that clamp off by managing to get a pair of pliers on it and twisting it so the that top of the clamp is pointing upwards - then you can get a good grip on it with the pliers and squeeze.

Aj - I just trimmed the flash with a utility knife, but be sure not to accidentally cut the main hose. If in doubt, I would just leave it.

Originally posted by BlkWRXWag
    I got that clamp off by managing to get a pair of pliers on it and twisting it so the that top of the clamp is pointing upwards - then you can get a good grip on it with the pliers and squeeze.

Aj - I just trimmed the flash with a utility knife, but be sure not to accidentally cut the main hose. If in doubt, I would just leave it.
    To move that clamp, use a good pair of NEEDLE NOSE pliers. They can really get in there.

I'm not too worried about cutting the main hose. I used to build models so I have a pretty steady hand. I'm just curious if there is anything else that needs to be trimmed, and if the only flash I need to cut off is at the middle intersection of the Y hose.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast