>>>> Just trying to figure out the total cost of the average........................
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on >>>> Just trying to figure out the total cost of the average........................ within the Engine Performance forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; I want to figure out how much (on the average) what some have paid to have a down-pipe installed by ...

>>>> Just trying to figure out the total cost of the average........................

I want to figure out how much (on the average) what some have paid to have a down-pipe installed by an exhuast shop.

Sucks, put I gotta count my pennies right now!
    I'm sure we have all been their!!

Please help - I want to do this soon. I have a COBB AP and I want to take it to the next leval whoot whoot....

Power Stering / water pump is going out on my car! WHY ARN"T THOSE CHEAP!!! Any hoo let me know, thanks all....
    .......... two cents below _______________
    02 WRX/ owner since I could dream.
    WFC The 3rd III cobbcobbcobbcobbcobbcobb
    (((((((((((((((( NOW STAGE2 ))))))))))))))))
    _______________________________.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

a place here in utah quoted me $120 for a downpipe install
    Stage II and loving it!

I think I could pull $120.00 off? That sound like you got a pretty good deal.

I was thinking it was gonna be around $250.00 or so?
    Thanks for letting me get that info..
    .......... two cents below _______________
    02 WRX/ owner since I could dream.
    WFC The 3rd III cobbcobbcobbcobbcobbcobb
    (((((((((((((((( NOW STAGE2 ))))))))))))))))
    _______________________________.

I see you live in WA, why don't you give Dave over at SRP a call. I highly recommend them. I'm sure they can give you a reasonable price on a install.

http://www.solar-reflections.com/solar-reflections.html

S.d.

You can install a DP pretty easily even if you don't have a lift. I vote DIY since you're counting pennies.
    Last edited by Thug Nasty; 05-10-2007 at 12:10 AM.
    -John
    Different Strokes
    Dirty Crew #2002
    Mods in profile.

Is in Love With the Admins Here 20WRX04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thug Nasty View Post
    You can install a DP pretty easily even if you don't have a lift. I vote DIY since you're counting pennies.
    +1. And then you & your car will have that all important bonding time she's been whining about. Don't worry, there's more where that came from.
    The first rule of the Faction is...DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE FACTION.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

I Support ClubWRX
    Ditto on the DIY. Have you thought about posting in your regional forum for some possible help via members that are in you area. Honestly...this is something that is very easy to do and if you have some experienced help, wouldn't take more than an hour or so. With the help of one friend, we can do an entire TBE and UP in less than an hour...easy. Plus, you'll get to know your car better, which is always a good thing.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

I know this is an older price but the best thing you can do is check online for a local Subaru enthusiast group. Go to a meet and ask around. I guarantee you there will be someone there who can do it for 100 dollars or less. I met a guy at the Suabru meet here who is a mechanic and did my TBE for 50 dollars. I purchased all the gaskets and material. He now does all of my maintainence as well and will be doing my 2.5 Hybrid swap when the time comes.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.