Cobb AP
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Cobb AP within the Engine Performance forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; This may have been answered before but I was curious if I could go stage 2 on my 03 wrx ...

Cobb AP

This may have been answered before but I was curious if I could go stage 2 on my 03 wrx if I have the spt intake. I was looking at getting the Cobb Ap stage 2 and I wasn't sure if my intake would interfere with anything.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BigB007 View Post
    This may have been answered before but I was curious if I could go stage 2 on my 03 wrx if I have the spt intake. I was looking at getting the Cobb Ap stage 2 and I wasn't sure if my intake would interfere with anything.
    No. You will need at least a downpipe to go to stage 2. The SPT intake will not interfere with the Stage 2 map. It may not give any additional power also. It does sound good though
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #666
    Stage 2

yeah i was looking at getting a downpipe before stage 2 just don't have the money right now.

AEM intake / Cobb Stage 2

Anyone here run an AEM cold air intake with the Cobb stage2?

The AEM was on my '03 from the previous owner and now I'm ready to go with a TBE and Cobb stage 2.

From what I could find it looks like the AEM cai does interfere with the MAF, but I still like the idea of pulling cooler air from outside the engine compartment.

I was also thinking of combining the MAF inlet on the Cobb SF intake (or finding a stock one, but they seem to be hard to come by) with some of the AEM duct work so I can get to the cooler air and still get the MAF to act normal - anyone done or seen anything like this.

I guess my other option is to keep the AEM and get a protune

I Support ClubWRX
    The interference (if any) should be minimal. Since you will already have the AP, in the event it does, you can use your other options of getting a protune, or swapping the AEM out for the Cobb or stock setup.

I wouldn't recommend hacking up the intake or modifying it in any way. The MAF is pretty sensitive to changes in air flow. Heck...just leaving the air filter catch off just a little bit causes a CEL. Experiments are always good though (just not on my car ), so if you do this, let us know.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.