turbo upgrade help
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on turbo upgrade help within the Engine Performance forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; wassup guys. i'm looking at upgrading my 04 wrx and looking at the vf34, 16g evo3, or a fp18g. i ...

Cool turbo upgrade help

wassup guys. i'm looking at upgrading my 04 wrx and looking at the vf34, 16g evo3, or a fp18g. i want a good, all around street turbo that will produce power close to 300whp. and a turbo that will make me faster then a stock sti. any suggestions? and will these turbos get me to the 12s on the 1/4 mile track??

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Cool my mods

oh ya i got a 04 wrx with gtspec headers w/ up-pipe, aps intake, full turboback turbo xs exhaust w/up-pipe, perrin crank pulley, hks bov, greddy profec b-spec.i know i need a fuel pump, larger injectors, bigger intercooler, but what kind of turbo should i to go with??opinions please.

In addition you need engine management, turbo inlet, BCS. Get the 18g or evo16g, those 2 should get you to 300whp, the vf34 might not.
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L, 240.83whp 239.60wtq at 14.8psi on 2.0L with stock td04 (But doesn't run)

Banned
    I have a vf39 in my 05.

Look at my signature.

The 18g i heard has lag. I know every turbo has lag, but the 18g has more then usual.

Here is some help. http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1039161 --- http://www.blouchturbo.com/turbos/result/
    Last edited by SideStepper28; 03-18-2007 at 12:06 PM.

My friend has an 18g and lag is not bad at all, it is super overated. Call your tuner and ask him what type of WHP he sees with these turbo's.
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L, 240.83whp 239.60wtq at 14.8psi on 2.0L with stock td04 (But doesn't run)

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by bcyb1029 View Post
    My friend has an 18g and lag is not bad at all, it is super overated. Call your tuner and ask him what type of WHP he sees with these turbo's.
    +2 fine whoever is going to tune your car and speak with them. Odds are the 18g wont be to laggy if they tune them often. I have heard of people spooling the 18g's by 3,200-3,500 which isnt all that bad. Big 16g can probaly get you where you want to be power wise through.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

wassupers

well guys thanx for the info

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.