DIY: STi TMIC with Y-pipe on WRX - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on DIY: STi TMIC with Y-pipe on WRX within the Engine Performance forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Originally Posted by LarsBars You get what you pay for. Found out the hard way. My bulged and popped in ...

Quote Originally Posted by LarsBars View Post
    You get what you pay for. Found out the hard way. My bulged and popped in less than six months.
    wow, I'm curious what PSI did you run?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

so I brought this 06 sti tmic and the guy said hes keeping the y pipe and everything for his new iC. So I only get the core. Can I reuse the metal cast iron part from my 06 wrx and just order the silicon y-pipe that join the cast iron part (90 degree albow connected to the intercooler to the y -pipe)? What else do I need? Please advice.

Sam
    06 Crystal Silver WRX (stage 2)

Quote Originally Posted by sam0329 View Post
    so I brought this 06 sti tmic and the guy said hes keeping the y pipe and everything for his new iC. So I only get the core. Can I reuse the metal cast iron part from my 06 wrx and just order the silicon y-pipe that join the cast iron part (90 degree albow connected to the intercooler to the y -pipe)? What else do I need? Please advice.

Sam
    towards the bottom of the page there is a link for a place called styling motors they sell a kit both for people with the y pipe and without. I ordered the hoses for mine from there
    VF39'd and Clark Tuned
    BugEyeMafia #176
    Basshead Member #3

Quote Originally Posted by adizzle02 View Post
    towards the bottom of the page there is a link for a place called styling motors they sell a kit both for people with the y pipe and without. I ordered the hoses for mine from there
    Hi,

I understand I can get the silicone y pipe, what about the matel piece the connect the intercooler to the y pipe? Do I reuse the one on my 06? So Intercooler --> Metal piece --> y pipe. Thanks.
    Last edited by sam0329; 02-12-2009 at 06:48 AM.
    06 Crystal Silver WRX (stage 2)

I Support ClubWRX
    Bam!

2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

i got around to doing this and thought i'd post a little write up on the splitter differences.

this first pic shows the STi tmic (duh):

once i removed the wrx hoodscoop splitter/bellow, i placed it on top of the STi tmic so you can see how much smaller it is, and how much of the STi tmic is not being utilized due to the smaller wrx splitter/bellow:

here is the STi hoodscoop splitter/bellow resting on top, as you can see, a perfect seal:

now here are the two splitters side by side; STi on the left, wrx on the right. you notice that the STi one has a piece in the middle to deflect air to the lower part of the tmic:

install was a breeze, simply remove the 7 (seven) 8mm bolts, and the one plastic clip and gently pop the splitter piece off. align your new one to the holes, insert the two little tabs at the bottom and install the bolts, then plastic clip. it took me about 10 minutes.
    Last edited by beedee; 01-09-2010 at 02:31 PM.
    // 2007 Satin White Pearl WRX //

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12