Tial wastegate 38mm
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Tial wastegate 38mm within the Engine Performance forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; I just brought me a tial wastegate 38mm for my frist mod for my car.. but i had brought me ...

Registered User bronx subaru wrx's Avatar

Tial wastegate 38mm

I just brought me a tial wastegate 38mm for my frist mod for my car.. but i had brought me a hks bov..for my 2014 subaru wrx. . Now my question is do I need the hks bov still with the wastegate installed or take it off..I was also looking at a up pipe grimmspeed.also. let me know what are your thoughts. .so I can make my subi loud with the power ..
    Last edited by bronx subaru wrx; 03-14-2015 at 01:18 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

For External Use Only irickchad's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    First, please work on your grammar if you're going to post here, that was almost painful to read.

Secondly, there's a lot of debate on whether or not a non recirculating blow off valve will damage your car, I would opt for a recirculating bypass valve such as the Forge or TurboSmart Kompact, you will still need your bypass valve installed with an EWG, do you even know the purpose of the part, or where it goes?

Lastly, Grimmspeed makes a fine up-pipe. The install is fun, but you're also going to need a new tune to run the equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by irickchad View Post
    First, please work on your grammar if you're going to post here, that was almost painful to read.

Secondly, there's a lot of debate on whether or not a non recirculating blow off valve will damage your car, I would opt for a recirculating bypass valve such as the Forge or TurboSmart Kompact, you will still need your bypass valve installed with an EWG, do you even know the purpose of the part, or where it goes?

Lastly, Grimmspeed makes a fine up-pipe. The install is fun, but you're also going to need a new tune to run the equipment.
    also make sure when you have it tuned take it to a solid and reliable shop... like do your homework... just to be safe...

@irickchad.. thanks for the info and if I needed a lesson on grammar dude.. I know who to thank for that. .anyway. . This is a tapatalk forum helping each other out... thanks for the information guys..

I Support ClubWRX
    If you are planning on running an atmospheric BOV then just don't do it. You won't gain anything from that except decreased performance. Sell it and buy an intake (and get it properly tuned for such) if you want to have a whooshing sound. Grimspeed is a solid up-pipe. Contact the vendors on here (like WTF Tuning) to get a good deal.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    You never needed the HKS BOV.. personally, I would try to sell it. Put the money towards your tune.. or a downpipe if you have enough cash for both.

Thanks guys 11blacksti, mainframe. .

Yea dude, ditch the bov. Someone didn't do their homework before attempting to mod. lol. Also, you do know that an uppipe for an external wastegate is a MUST in order to run that wastegate, right? Plus you will need to buy an internal wastegate bracket to keep the stock wastegate closed in order to run an ewg setup. Grimmspeed makes a nice one. I would also suggest purchasing the grimmspeed 3 port ebcs. You will absolutely need a protune for these mods. Are their any other mods done to the car? This is a very odd first modification to do. On a stock car, adding an ewg will net you minimal gains.
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----Build Thread

@wrx-maniac yea this is my first subi dude so yea I didn't know until I join this forum. . I purchased already a cobb intake and the accessport and now the hks bov. .so I just purchased the tial wastegate 38mm from rallysportsdirect. .and was going to get the grimmspeed up pipe. .

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Most people will want to get a downpipe before ever considering something like an EWG.. not that you won't get benefits from the EWG, but you'll have to have it custom tuned. And with a free flowing downpipe it will spool up quicker.

@mainframe thanks bro.. I will definitely look into getting a down pipe. .I was on the cobbtuning site.. I want a cobb

Cobb makes a nice DP, but I would go with invidia. Just as well made and cheaper. But that's up to you. Both are great. And yea mainframe is right, you will still get the benefits of running an ewg. But, in my opinion, is a waste of a pro tune just for an ewg setup. Add a downpipe, catback, intake, ebcs, then a protune. You are talking about a very big jump in power.
    Stink-Eye Mob #301

Oh and don't forget, ditch the bov dude. You are only hurting your car. Subaru has been putting recirculating bpv's on their turbo'd cars forever. I think they know what they are doing. Put the stock one back on or sell the hks one and buy a Forge, Tial, or turbosmart fully recirculating bpv.
    Stink-Eye Mob #301

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.