I am here today to offer a simple How-To instructional to do a basic Stage 2 Mod to your WRX/STi. I have included support mods in the install and though they are not always needed, they serve a great purpose.
What is going to be gone over in this How-To:
- Ram Air Intake
- 3 Port Electronic Boost Control
- Wastegate Block-Off Bracket
- External Wastegate
- Top Mount Intercooler
- 8mm Wrench/Socket
- 10mm Wrench/Socket
- 12mm Wrench/Socket
- 14mm Wrench/Socket
- 22mm Wrench/Socket
- Needle Nose Pliers
- Wire Cutter (for vacuum line)
The installs gone over in this How-To are very simple that if carefully done anyone with a wrench could do.
1. Always start by disconnecting the negative on the terminal on the battery.
2. When working with the downpipe and heat shield I find it easier to remove the TMIC. The following steps show you how to remove your OEM WRX TMIC 08+
Removing your OEM TMIC
1. Disconnect your BPV. 2x10mm Bolts (rubber gasket stays in/on the BPV)
2. Un-bolt the support bracket above the BPV.
3. OPTIONAL Loosen but do not remove the support bracket for easier re-install.
4. Disconnect your Intercooler from your Turbo (passenger side of vehicle). 2X12mm Bolts (rubber gasket stays in/on the Intercooler)
5. Go back to your drivers side now and loosen the clamp around your Intercooler to Throttle Body inlet hose.
6. Once this is done the intercooler will be free and you can easily remove the intercooler. I always use blue painters tape to seal all open ports to the motor/turbo just in case something falls in. You don't want to be taking apart the motor for a single nut.
Your going to leave the intercooler off till everything else has been completed on the car.
Next: Heat Shield and Downpipe